Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Blackvue DR590W-2CH with the power magic pro for my 2019 RTL-T. Think I installed everything properly, saw some other posts here, as well as YouTube videos I followed along with. My question is, does parking mode have a voice notification that it's switching to parking mode?
When I have parking mode on on the power magic pro it alerts me that it's recording, and then doesn't have any other notifications when I turn off the car. The recording light also stays on. Not sure if I have an issue with the fuses I chose, if this is expected behavior, if I need to tweak settings in either the dashcam or on the power magic pro, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I'm not 100% sure everything is right, it seems like it's using the built in parking mode as opposed to the smart/advanced parking mode. 5 minutes after I park it goes into parking mode, and when I start driving that turns off. Which is fine as long as the Power Magic Pro is doing its job and won't kill my battery if it's parked too long.
Otherwise happy with the dashcam so far, and it was damn easy to run the wires in the Ridgeline

·
Premium Member
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
33 Posts
So, I'm not 100% sure everything is right, it seems like it's using the built in parking mode as opposed to the smart/advanced parking mode. 5 minutes after I park it goes into parking mode, and when I start driving that turns off. Which is fine as long as the Power Magic Pro is doing its job and won't kill my battery if it's parked too long.
Otherwise happy with the dashcam so far, and it was damn easy to run the wires in the Ridgeline
Good to know the Power Magic Pro won’t drain the battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can we see pics of the install? Would you buy this again or go another route?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would buy it again. The instructions related to parking mode were a bit sparse for my liking, but as far as I can tell parking mode is working as designed. It turns on parking mode 5 minutes (I think) after I park the car, and goes back to regular recording mode as soon as I start driving. I also left the RL parked for a couple of days straight and when I entered the voice announcements on the dashcam were different, which lead me to believe that it did what it was supposed to and shut off the dashcam entirely before letting the battery drain too much. To solve for this I'd have to get a battery pack but as far as parking mode goes, I'm fine with it shutting off after being stationary for so long - my concern there is definitely store parking lots or street parking which tends to be short anyway.

MVIMG_20200916_094940.jpg MVIMG_20200916_094949.jpg MVIMG_20200916_094906.jpg MVIMG_20200916_094928.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts