Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Ladyridge I'm posting a shot of my Ridgeline BlingBling (before I had the front windows tinted) and his little brother Gary, the Mini Cooper S. I suspect I still haven't gotten attaching pictures down pat yet because my images don't appear as big and clear as some others on this forum. Maybe it's my lousy camera?

Anyway enjoy. Oh by the way I painted my stock grill by following instructions found on this forum.

Ted

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yippee it worked better than I thought. Thanks for the PM help LadyRidge!!

L

·
0 Posts
tedridge said:
Yippee it worked better than I thought. Thanks for the PM help LadyRidge!!
Anytime Ted....anytime.
They look great together. Nice job. Nice vehicles.

p.s.
Glad you're not a metro. I don't mind the hair product or even being a neat freak...lol..inside joke...but I can't deal with a guy who has nicer looking nails than mine. :eek:
( jk ) :D sorry...thread jumping. LOL

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looks great!. I'll keep an eye out for you in Morris County...I thought I saw your truck in my town...but I think it had aftermarket chrome wheels..they look like the stockers on yours.

thanks for the tint info too!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mayberidge, I live in Hunterdon County good old horse country!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Both look great. I couldn't help but notice the paving stone walkway. We just had this done to our home (virtually identical). Mind if I ask a question? Our "soldier rows" (the 2 border rows) have lots of loose stones. Our installer put a thin layer of concrete on the sides which has promptly broken away. What's your experience with the borders? How are yours secured?

Sorry if I got off the subject of Ridgelines- certainly not the first time it's happened on the site. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How do you like Gary? I have seen a lot more Minis on the road lately and think they look a little odd driving along, sort of stand out styling wise. I figure if Al Roker can fit in one I might make it. But he did look a little out of place driving around in one.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The walkway that's in the picture was done about 6 years ago. The "soldier rows" are held in by black plastic striping that's staked in. It's held up well and hasn't moved, although the plastic strip is visible in some spots.

My front walkway however was done about a year later by someone else. He laid the soldier rows in with concrete, didn't edge them but set them in concrete. I like the look much better is ven more stable. Finally I brushed gray "stabilize-o-bloc" or something like that between the bricks. It's a colored sand and concrete mix that holds the blocks together, blocks weeds and ant hills. I've used sand in years past, used this other stuff this year and like it much better.

Here's another shot of the walkways and a view of beautiful Hunderdon County New Jersey. It's not the NJ you see from the turnpike!

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've got a test drive a mini. It drives like it's on rails. It's unbelievable Capt'n. Also it's much bigger inside than you'd think. Much more front seat travel then you'd expect. I'm 6'3" and fit fine with adults in the back sit. Plus it gets 33 mpg and it's a BMW.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Will the Mini fit in the back of the Ridgeline?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
tedridge said:
You've got a test drive a mini. It drives like it's on rails. It's unbelievable Capt'n. Also it's much bigger inside than you'd think. Much more front seat travel then you'd expect. I'm 6'3" and fit fine with adults in the back sit. Plus it gets 33 mpg and it's a BMW.
BMW?? :confused: I thought they were English? How much do they run for?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tex's Ridge said:
BMW?? :confused: I thought they were English? How much do they run for?
I bought mine new in 2002, one of the first off the line, and loaded to the gills with heated two tone leather seats, zeon headlights, run flat tires, double sun roof, 6 speed, stability control, fog lights, etc it ran $23,000. The best part is that it's covered by BMW's 3 year, 36K bumper to bumper warranty. During the warranty period all scheduled maintenance is FREE, and they replace wiper blades, blubs, etc for free. Can't beat it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts