Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the blower recall repair done earlier this summer to my 06 RTS. I have not changed the setting all summer, since the repair.

Thursday the weather finally cooled off here in Oklahoma, and it did rain a little. I tried to use the heater and defroster on the way to work, and neither one would work. No matter what setting is used, the air blows out the dash vents. The 2 drivers side blow hot or cold air as set, the center one blows cold regardless of the setting. No air comes from the heater or def. vents.

I called the local dealer that did the work, and told the service man about the problem, and that the system had worked perfectly until the recall work was done. I made an appt. for Monday to have it checked, and the sevice mgr. assured me that nothing they did would cause the problem I described.

I put off having this done for quite awhile, because I dread having a dealer work on my vehicle for this very reason. I am beyond peeved about this, and am kicking myself for letting them work on the truck.

Has anyone had any problems arise from the recall repair, or complications because of it.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Many members had issues,right after but not months after. Usually connector they missed to plug back in. I had the the AC not working, and the seat heaters not working for their caring attention this being weeks ago but I checked everything before I left the dealer and they fixed it while I waited.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,386 Posts
Seems I recall hearing that the connectors are very similar and have been switched during the re-installation. You might check into it yourself and save a trip to the dealer.

Non-dual zone climate control: (dual zone in following post)

·
Super Moderator
23,386 Posts
Hmm, checking my files, I seem to have two HVAC system diagnostic tests, one for RT/RTX and one for RTS/RTL.

Dual-zone climate control test:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2007 RTX
My defroster does not blow any air.
I removed the glove box to look at the wiring to the blower motor. I noticed that the 2 green connectors are connected as follows:
The connector with the multiple wires (6-7) is connected to higher connection point, and the connector with the (2-3) wires is connected to the lower point.
I did not try reversing the connections as the wiring harness does not have that much slack.
Is that the correct orientation?
I did not run the diagnostic test.

THX Scott

·
Registered
15 Posts
Having similar issues with my '07.

I did notice yesterday that it appears that at least some air is moving through the defroster, but I don't think that it will cut it when the ice starts.

I've still got some time left for this to be a warranty repair since it was a Honda certified used vehicle. Guess I'll let them deal with it.

·
Super Moderator
23,386 Posts
Here are the component locations:

Could it be the mode control motor?

Does this drawing show enough detail to answer the wiring question?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Had the issue recently in my 06 RTL where both front right passenger vents & rear right passenger vent blew cold air and the front left drivers vent near the window also blew cold air. The front right drivers vent near the center/Navi screen and rear left passenger vent behind the center console blew hot air.

I performed the AC System Diagnostics and the display showed "88 88" then "," and after restarting the vehicle, ALL vents now blow either cold or hot air as selected on the temperature.

Thanks for the detailed info and diagrams, much appreciation!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Question: Does anyone know what the displayed codes mean?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts