Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, when I bought my RL back in May I ordered a blue driver OBDII Scan Tool that connects to a phone and transmits live data as well as a multitude of other things like reading ABS codes Engine codes and even SRS codes. Do any of you all have one of these devices? I was under the impression that it had the ability to show live transmission temerpature which was one of the main reasons for purchase as I have seen and read about transmission overheat issues with towing. I can’t seem to any live data selection that is for the transmission temp.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Your experience is identical to mine. I purchased a BlueDriver with the intent of monitoring my transmission temperatures while towing. When I contacted BlueDriver customer service, was told that no, there is no transmission temperature and there is no workaround that they know.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your experience is identical to mine. I purchased a BlueDriver with the intent of monitoring my transmission temperatures while towing. When I contacted BlueDriver customer service, was told that no, there is no transmission temperature and there is no workaround that they know.
Thanks for the info, I guess we will have content with coolant temps until they hopefully develop a solution. In my mind it seemed like it should be a possible idea because the display has a “transmission temp dummy light.” This isn’t to say I am not satisfied with my blue driver but somewhat disappointed as this sort of my intent when purchasing. C’est la vie!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
No help with Blue Driver, but FYI if you want another solution that assuredly provides real-time tranny temp monitoring for your 2G RL (see post # 5 in this thread for programming guide) ...

Yes, it also supports read / clear DTCs and allows monitoring of a plethora of other engine parameters (e.g. water temp. IAT, VCM status, etc, etc)

(dirty interior) pic of it in action in my RL

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Farther here is the response I got from Blue Driver a moment ago. I asked them early this morning and it looks like there hasn’t been any news since you asked about it. @CentexG2 that sounds high tech with lots of features, unfortunately I’m not a fan of any kind of aftermarket visible add one of any sort. I like the blue driver because it is plug and play. Out of sight out of mind if I get tired of it just unplug.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
@CentexG2 that sounds high tech with lots of features, unfortunately I’m not a fan of any kind of aftermarket visible add one of any sort. I like the blue driver because it is plug and play. Out of sight out of mind if I get tired of it just unplug.
Fair enough, no worries :)

Just to be clear, the Scangauge is simply an OBD2 plug-in like many others including BlueDriver, plug it in or unplug it and take it out at will. One difference being that it does support some degree of user-programmability to read data and add display of 'gauges' of the vehicle-specific sort.

But yeah, when you want to use it you are dealing with the wired display module plugged into the OBD port rather than a wireless phone display interface - I fully understand some folks don't want that, even just temporarily stuck somewhere 'convenient' using the provided Velcro patch.

Hopefully BlueDriver will get you the readouts you desire sooner than later (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.