Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ravishol said:
Picked up my Blue RTL with sun roof on Friday.
No wind noise
No creeky stearing wheel
Thanks vertrkr for the check list, it was very helpful.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376

Yahoo, glad someone finally used it. I know it's easy to get rushed at the dealer and end up not checking alot things so I made the list to help out. Certainly many issues can be fixed later but it's easier right on the spot to call them out and one should really walk away from any car that has electrical gremlins or drive train noises. You certainy don't want to buy a lemon or a cursed car, nothing but a huge hassle. Anyway, enjoy your truck.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I used the checklist before I took delivery. The wind noise is a question mark because I can't tell if it's from the windshield or roof rack, but it doesn't bother me. The steering wheel didn't creak, but it does now, on the left hand side. I'll let it wear in for a few months, or until it drives me nuts, whichever is sooner. No paint issues like your door jamb.

·
Registered
97 Posts
vertrkr said:
Yahoo, glad someone finally used it. I know it's easy to get rushed at the dealer and end up not checking alot things so I made the list to help out. Certainly many issues can be fixed later but it's easier right on the spot to call them out and one should really walk away from any car that has electrical gremlins or drive train noises. You certainy don't want to buy a lemon or a cursed car, nothing but a huge hassle. Anyway, enjoy your truck.
Will definitely bring a copy of your checklist on my trip to the dealer. It's easy to get caught in the excitement of the car-buying experience without really looking over and checking that everything's in order before driving off. Thanks for putting together the info.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
The checklist looks like a must ....I'm printing it now and will save it for when I buy. If all goes well, I should be in a Ridge by end of month.

I took a test drive yesterday! The dealership had 3 Ridgelines in stock (2 -RTL, 1 -RTS). None of them had accessories added for mark-up (a good thing). I really like the RTS and can do without the leather (would rather invest in other accessories!)

I just love the way it handles! Even my wife enjoyed it, saying how it feels like a luxury car! We are looking to buy two cars and she will be getting the Odyssey, although she would not mind a Ridge!

Thanks for the checklist. I'll be sure not to rush off the lot in excitement when the time comes! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts