Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 2 1/2 weeks and a 1000 miles on my truck...I have a few issues but overall love the truck.

Wind noise - I am not sure if the noise is normal or not. Took it to my dealer and they found nothing. I can wait and see what happens.

Transmission - Maybe it's me, but I get a slight hesitation when taking a 90 degree turn. I try to accelerate into the turn and I feel it then. I may have the dealer to look at it at some point in time.

XM Radio - A lot of money to put in, but it is all I listen to. It is great.....

Handling - Rides and handles like a car.

Leaks - Have not seen a leak as of yet.

Like I said....love my truck, just a few minor issues.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the same basic complaint about the tranny. It seems that it needs to shift down a gear at the time you are inthe turn. Does not happen all the time tho.

I also developed the steering creak. Especiall when the truck is cold. Like when you back out of t he drive way and need to turn the wheels at leat two revolutions of the steering wheel. Once that is done, no creaks. Does anyone know what the fix is.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah..me too. I think it is not shifting down properly. Then again, I'm used to it. Our other car is a Turbo...if you want hesitation try that!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sent an email to my dealer and appended your responses on the tranny issue. I can handle the down shifting, but the hesitation is irritating me.

One question, could having the VSA on cause this?

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
77spartan said:
One question, could having the VSA on cause this?
I shut the VSA off this morning and will be testing this theory over the next few days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whaleya said:
I also have the transmission hesitation when turning, very odd

-
i just traded a 2004 F150 FX4 4X4 and it had a "hesitation" when turning.

this is perfectly normal for a four wheel drive truck, and only happened when on full or close to full lock. it's weird, but there is nothign wrong with your ridgeline.

i asked the same questions when i got my FX4.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts