Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently picked up a 2019 RL RTL a couple of months ago. I was trying keep the payment down, so I went with RTL, but I wonder if RTL-E would have been worth it, looking back. Anyway, everything has been good so far except that sometimes I have to be on a conference call while I am driving and I try to use a bluetooth earbud since I can hear better, but the phone keeps connecting to the HandsfreeLink. The only way to get around this is to unpair the phone completely, then re-pair when finished with the call. This happens even when the stereo is turned off. Is there a way to keep it paired so that I could listen to music with my iPhone, but be able to use the earbud for selected phone calls? If not RTL, does RTL-E behave the same way? My brother has an Android and his phone has an option to only play music via in-car bluetooth.
Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
1,403 Posts
I have a 17' RTL and have a Iphone 8 (and had a iphone6) and both would allow me to select whichever bluetooth I wanted via the phone. Yeah, sometimes it was a little "wonky" and would try to force one or another but mostly it worked ok. When i do my Wednesday concalls I will dial it via the phone and then on the truck it asks if I want to use the radio and if I say no then the default on the phone kicks in and it's my bluetooth hearing aids. So it comes through there. Works ok that way. But, on the iphone you want to select your default behavior. I select Bluetooth hearing aids on mine (when available of course which is most all the time 99.99%).

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts