Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you guys, ive paired a samsung s6 with the touchscreen in my RTL-T, but i find a couple of things to be very annoying and wanted to see if anyone encountered this.....

When i make a phone call from my phone, the display on the touchscreen says PRIVATE, when the person called picks up, TRANSFER shows up which allows me to switch to bluetooth. Anyway to default to automatically switch to BT when a call is made?

any way to increase the BT volume without changing to overall volume with the knob (not on the phone)

Where can i get the Sirius XMID so that i can register it for online access?

Thanks, any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
169 Posts
No issues with my bluetooth in my BE. No transfering. I believe the only way to increase your volume is to increase the volume on the unit. You can't increase the volume on the bluetooth.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ok, just double checked.. I guess if you dial from your phone you have to transfer the call but if you add the numbers to speed dial on the head unit then you don't have to transfer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quite often I dial from my iPhone, it is more convenient then adding a number to speed dial it. Half of the time the person answers before the call is transferred to the truck. I've gotten use to saying hold on! just in case. Expensive truck for such a stupid bug. None of my rental cars do that, it is a bug in the system. Like they didn't use the system after they programed it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quite often I dial from my iPhone, it is more convenient then adding a number to speed dial it. Half of the time the person answers before the call is transferred to the truck. I've gotten use to saying hold on! just in case. Expensive truck for such a stupid bug. None of my rental cars do that, it is a bug in the system. Like they didn't use the system after they programed it.
You shouldn't have to "add" a number, in the bluetooth settings you should be able to allow auto import of contacts from your phone. I have a couple of check boxes to do this.

I have an iphone but all contacts are automatically imported; and I use hands free Siri through steering wheel anyway as the Voice Recognition in the truck is annoying and doesn't work nearly as well as Siri.

The phone volume through truck can be changed through steering wheel volume while on a call and it will remember the setting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the response! Quite often I’m dialing a number that is not in my address book. Also I find the voice dialing to be horrible, the delay is painstakingly long. The favorites list on my phone, it’s so easy to get to, to quickly call somebody, there’s no reason why the radio just doesn’t let you hear the ringing instead of waiting for to cut over, it’s a bug that should be fixed. Another issue I found when I Add a call to the call I’m on, that’s on the head unit, after a moment it switch to my phone and then it gets really confusing and I end up losing somebody.

I travel for work and use a lot of rental cars, they all work well, the only problem I have is with my own truck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Another trick for later, but for Android users, if your phone has android auto and is plugged in, press and hold the voice command button for a full second and it will activate your voice assistant. Then you can just say "dial 541, blah blah blah, etc" Google voice assistant will work much better than the cars native voice recognition.

Another pointer, when using voice command you want to speak fluidly and leave little dead space between words. the system is looking for you to stop talking and parse out what was said, so if you leave long pauses between numbers lets say, it thinks you are done with your command. so no "5.....5.....5..- 5....5.....5....5.." you want to act like you are reading it off to another person in the vehicle. Also, the more upright and forward facing you are, the better, the microphone is directional and uses the windshield as an acoustic device. the whole point is to be watching the road as you drive. If you lean towards where you think the microphone is or look away from the windshield, it can be harder for the system to pick up on what was said.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Another trick for later, but for Android users, if your phone has android auto and is plugged in, press and hold the voice command button for a full second and it will activate your voice assistant. Then you can just say "dial 541, blah blah blah, etc" Google voice assistant will work much better than the cars native voice recognition.
This works for iPhones too with Apple CarPlay. It activates Siri and you can ask for a number to be dialed just by saying it in a normal conversation cadence.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This works for iPhones too with Apple CarPlay. It activates Siri and you can ask for a number to be dialed just by saying it in a normal conversation cadence.
Yeah, and Siri works through bluetooth. Since he mentioned he had an android device, I was pointing out that he has to be plugged in for the same functionality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts