Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is in another thread this is my first time posting. After 3 months of looking at trucks and researching them I found a beautiful white 08 ridgeline rtl with Nav. Purchased it and am very happy so far. One thing that I was told incorrectly was that this vehicle has bluetooth hands free. After going through all of the manuals last night I see nothing about it. I called my local honda dealership who says they don't even make an add on for it. My question is am I going to have to purchase something extra to make this happen? I really want to stay away from adding anything to the interior that is visible, It looks like there is a speaker near the garage door opener? If anyone has any suggestions or parts they went with to accomplish this I would greatly appreciate it. Also if anyone knows if you can hook up any back up camera into the back of the NAV or if it has to be honda? I assume it just uses RCA's.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
First off, welcome to the club!
You are correct - no bluetooth in the 2008 however there are numerous aftermarket models available. Try doing a search on bluetooth. This subject has been talked about on various threads throughout this site. Good luck and congratulations on your new ride!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I was hoping someone new a way to integrate bluetooth with the hardware that is already in the 08 rtl with Nav. I have seen threads talking about the parrot model and it works well, but when I search for the model it shows something that clips on the visor that I think looks kind of tacky.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Parrott! That's what I was trying to think of. I was under the impression that they were going to get an OEM version for the Ridgeline that would integrated into the nav system. I could be totally wrong here but you might give them a call. That way it would be totally integrated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts