Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if there are many threads regarding what I'm about to ask... I've got a 2006 RTL and I'm exploring potentially upgrading to something with Bluetooth capability for phone and music.

Any good ideas?

Is it possible to install the OEM Navi/Bluetooth system in an older model?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
There is a few threads already on this. I use the grom audio unit and love it. But there are cheaper options out there.

And I do believe you can. Just the unit might be pricey.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Just put an aftermarket stereo in and do the nav, bu camera and bluetooth in one shot. Your lights will burn out soon on that radio anyway. :act018:

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Does your RTL already have OEM Navi & XM?? If so, your solution is easy with USA Spec BT45-HON3. I believe that's the one.... as was mentioned, many threads/posts on it here. Just do a search.
This one is fairly easy to install (direct to XM unit if I'm not mistaken), and gets good reports. You should be fine with this as an add-on, unless you have other reasons to want to change your audio unit. If you're doing a larger change, then there are probably better options. This makes for an easy add-on.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Pretty sure after the
Is it possible to install the OEM Navi/Bluetooth system in an older model?
he has no current bt/nav.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you have an audio input jack, I am using a Garmin Nuvi 660 for the Nav/MP3 Player/Blue Tooth for phone, and it moves from car, to truck, to Motorcycle. It was kinda pricey when I bought it years ago, but they are available on eBay for under a 100 bucks. The Nuvi 660 has an SD slot and my 16gb card works in it just fine for MP3.

If you are looking for an installed option....there is probably someone that can answer that for ya.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Pretty sure after the he has no current bt/nav.
All I got from that was that he wanted to install the newer OEM Navi/Bluetooth. The older OEM Navi/XM did not have bluetooth capability.... so he could just be trying to upgrade that..... which you can do with the USA Spec.
But I'll agree it isn't clear what he is starting with.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I got from that was that he wanted to install the newer OEM Navi/Bluetooth. The older OEM Navi/XM did not have bluetooth capability.... so he could just be trying to upgrade that..... which you can do with the USA Spec.
But I'll agree it isn't clear what he is starting with.
Sorry fellas, long day... All I have is the stock OEM radio, 6 disc changer, XM enabled, NO audio input jack like the newer models, and NO Navigation... I greatly appreciate your input!

Not sure what to begin looking at first. I'd like for the vehicle to remain as close to stock as possible. Purchased it last year with 102k miles for a good price IMO. My lofty aspirations are for it to successfully reach 500k! I'd like to keep this truck forever. :act024:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've looked at alot of the other posts regarding this matter. (swear I couldn't find this much information a couple days ago!) I don't want anything after market. I'd like to maintain current functionality, i.e. radio controls on the wheel. Just wasn't sure if there was anything that may be uselful. That BT-35 or whatever it's called may be worth exploring... I also might just forget this whole idea however and leave it alone... Look for something else to put money into... Thanks again for your posts!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
THere are solutions for you, and now that you've clarified your existing configuration, you'll get some recommendations from some very savvy audio guys on this forum.
I CAN tell you in answer to your previous question (can I adopt OEM Navi to my truck), the answer is pretty much a big fat NO. Many things about the truck are different between the Navi/XM configs and the No-Navi congigs. You'd be barking up a non-starter in my opinion. Better to add your bluetooth capability & mount a smart phone (or Garmin type) for your Navi (lots of very nice mounting options available ... and that aftermarket stuff you'll have to do (blue tooth + phone mount for navi)... but you'll be able to leave your OEM audio the same if that's your wish (recommend you swap out your tweeters even if you don't change anything else).
There ARE lots of threads on the subject, but since you've outlined your existing config., and your desired end result, you'll probably have some advice coming your way soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts