Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my current progress. Going to use the stock intake mani spacer to keep the torque curve low. Already have KTuner and Bisimoto is gonna take care of the actual tuning.

305hp on tap will be a HUGE improvement. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline EX-L Canadian
1,601 Posts
Keep us posted on progress.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,369 Posts
Do you have to fab anything to effect this swap? Engine mounts in the same places, etc?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything is in the same spot. The 09+ RL and TL SH-AWD engines are both based on the R70 casting. The water passage, pass side mount and ac compressor bracket need to be reused from the Ridge since the TL parts are slightly different. Its all just a matter of swapping parts out.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice! Keep us updated on the progress.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Huh. That's pretty ambitious considering your RL is a 2013. How many miles are on your original motor? Is there anything wrong with it or do you just want the extra hp?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have about 42k miles on the truck and it runs flawlessly. I need power like dudes need chicks with big racks hahaha

I've modded every car I've ever had. When I'm done with the truck, it will drive just like new, but with more power. In the past I've had boosted cars, different engine swaps and have built plenty of Transmissions. I love Hondas and I will push the envelope with the Ridgeline at least in naturally aspirated form.

Reactions: OhSix

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,583 Posts
So long term goals, plans and what not?

Just guessing, it will ultimately end up on a 4 wheel dyno?

What are you going to do with the 42k motor from the RL? Will it end up in a S2K or some other 4 Cyl Honda/Acura? Or just plan to sell it?

Please keep us posted...

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
The small details are everything. After the swap my truck will be getting a much-needed full detail job.
Are you planning on amending the original owners manual with J37 specific fuel requirement language?

If not, maybe you'll consider changing the fuel door label to read: "Premium Fuel Only. *See dopes6070". :act024:

Your project is bad ass!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's ALIVE!!! MWAHAHA

Idling in the driveway purging the cooling system. No CEL or anything yet haha. Should be test driving within the hour.

Still need to put the PS pump and belt on too.

Ill probably hand correct the manual with "Premium Only... Dont even think about it!"

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got back from a short test drive. I didn't pass 2500 rpm and kept the throttle light-ish. It does feel much more eager to go and has more low end for sure!!

I can't wait to get to the Tuner. I was seeing some lean AFRs so I'm probably going to see if I can fatten it up some and maybe start a basic e-tune somewhere before the real thing. Dont want to blow this sweet engine!!!

Reactions: mcmanut01

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wooot!!!! Just drove it to dinner and its awesome! Much more low end torque and when its in closed loop the AFR is spot on. Under WOT it's got good power but is super rich due to the larger injectors with the stock Ridge tune. Once the tune is completed ill have some dyno results for everyone.

Reactions: coolbob

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,583 Posts
Man, that's AWESOME!!!!!

Can't wait for the Dyno sheet, I doubt the Tranny will have issue with the 50+ hp gain, I'd be more concerned with the VTM-4.

1 - 20 of 289 Posts