Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day fellow Ridgeliners,
Does anyone know if the Honda Lincoln Alabama plant is making body parts for their Honda dealers? I have been waiting for the driver's side aperture (frame around both front and back doors) since January 2022, for my 2018 Ridgeline. My dealers has no idea when the part is to arrive, with the delivery dates moving forward. Very frustrating having a truck sitting for nearly 7 month. If anyone knows someone I could contact at the factory to find out the true status of the part, it would be much appreciated.(y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am the parts manager at Hilton Head Honda in SC so my info only shows US inventory. I assume you are looking for #5 and #6? At this time both of those parts do show available, one in GA and the other in NJ. I can tell you we have had major parts availability issues for the last 18 months, in the past few weeks it does seem to be getting slightly better.

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,203 Posts
See any catalytic converters, @SonictheRidgeline? A couple members in the thread below claim they've been waiting months for replacements.

·
Registered
11 Posts
See any catalytic converters, @SonictheRidgeline? A couple members in the thread below claim they've been waiting months for replacements.

At this time Honda does show stock on converters in our South East PDC, that being said we waited for 6 months for a 21 Pilot converter and exhaust. Our oldest back order is currently over 300 days old for a Accord Hybrid engine room harness. I do see parts availability slowly improving vs. the last 18 months for sure.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am the parts manager at Hilton Head Honda in SC so my info only shows US inventory. I assume you are looking for #5 and #6? At this time both of those parts do show available, one in GA and the other in NJ. I can tell you we have had major parts availability issues for the last 18 months, in the past few weeks it does seem to be getting slightly better.
Thank you very much for this information. How may I obtain these parts and would it be done by my local Honda dealership, who has originally ordered the parts? If so, could you provide me with the contact information so these parts can be ordered? My email address is [email protected] if you wish to converse more about my situation.

Hope to talk soon

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you very much for this information. How may I obtain these parts and would it be done by my local Honda dealership, who has originally ordered the parts? If so, could you provide me with the contact information so these parts can be ordered? My email address is [email protected] if you wish to converse more about my situation.

Hope to talk soon

Mike
I’m sorry that I really don’t have any idea how the parts distribution works in Canada. Here we place all critical back orders on CBO status, this requires the dealer to supply Honda with a VIN and owner info. These orders move to the top tier when parts become available.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m sorry that I really don’t have any idea how the parts distribution works in Canada. Here we place all critical back orders on CBO status, this requires the dealer to supply Honda with a VIN and owner info. These orders move to the top tier when parts become available.
Apparently Honda Canada has flagged the part(s) as a severe back order part(s) and an escalated case, as the part(s) were ordered January 2022 and assigned a Case #02916477. The Parts Manager at my local Honda dealership has been told to stop calling for the update status of the part(s). Very odd! I will talk to the Parts Manager tomorrow and see what they are willing to do. Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted on this issue.

·
Administrator
23,203 Posts
Ah - that could explain why an online Honda dealer asked for my VIN when I ordered a tonneau cover last year after I had placed the order. I knew it was out of stock when I ordered it, but I wasn't in any hurry. They emailed a few days later saying that if I supplied my VIN, they could try and get me one sooner. I did and one shipped out to me the next day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the saga continues. I had mentioned your conversation to my Honda dealer and the manager of the body repair shop, who had contacted you, but unfortunately the part was for the wrong side. Even though, I am very grateful that you had stepped out to help me with my situation. Thanks again fellow Ridgeline Owner!:cool:(y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got an update from the body shop. The mystery part to start the repair of my Ridgeline has finally showed up after 6 1/2 months, from Honda. The end is in sight and should be back on the road after sitting in a couple of weeks. Looking for Honda to do a complimentary check up on various parts; air conditioning, braking system, engine, transmission; not to mention to update the warranty, since the delivery of the part, was Honda's issue. If anyone has any other suggestions to request, before the vehicle is released, please reply to this post. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts