Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the trucks I have seen within my edmonton and on this forum...many have not chosen to have this option....door dings in a parking lot full of mothers and kids at your local supermarket is a given. The molding may or may not help..but its worth the peace of mind I think......ita about a $500 option. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I couldn't justify the extra expense for what you get. First I'd doubt if they serve as much protection to the side panels. Second, there are alot of other add on's that dress up the appearance of the truck for less cost.

·
Registered
205 Posts
HandA has a good price on them. I just installed ours two weekends ago, and it's got pretty simple and complete instructions. My dealer had an installed price of $592.00 plus tax, that I chose not to bite on.
Ridgeline owner wannabe said:
From the trucks I have seen within my edmonton and on this forum...many have not chosen to have this option....door dings in a parking lot full of mothers and kids at your local supermarket is a given. The molding may or may not help..but its worth the peace of mind I think......ita about a $500 option. :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
nighthawk said:
I couldn't justify the extra expense for what you get. First I'd doubt if they serve as much protection to the side panels. Second, there are alot of other add on's that dress up the appearance of the truck for less cost.
I agree. Putting the moulding in a depression sort of reduces the effectiveness, doesn't it? Unless they are REALLY thick and then I'd be worried about their stability. I've been thinking of putting a two inch chrome moulding centered between the indentations. Really unsure about it though. Got other fish to fry right now so I think I'll just stew on it for a while. Probably until a get a nice big door ding.:eek:

L

·
0 Posts
I posted this somewhere else but I'll share it here too.
My side protectors have saved me many times over. I try to park in BFE
( back, far, end ) :D where ever I go but sometimes people just have blinders on.
Here is one big gash the body shop would have had to fix. I for one am glad I have them.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We got a door ding in the first month. Our touch up paint repair made it less noticeable, but we can still pick it out. I'm not willing to pay for the OEMs that I don't think add to the looks of the truck. We're looking into maybe putting some black moulding on them. Has anyone done this?

I look around the parking lots and it seems every other vehicle comes with some sort of door protection. This is one of the things I don't understand Honda overlooking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
All I want is a strip of magnatized material that can run the length of the hill between the two valleys. Kind of like the material that those magnetic signs are made of. You would think such a thing would be easy to find.....

Any hints?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Who does your nails? They look great! Question from LD

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Desert Ridge said:
All I want is a strip of magnatized material that can run the length of the hill between the two valleys. Kind of like the material that those magnetic signs are made of. You would think such a thing would be easy to find.....

Any hints?
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2072
Got the body protector from Pep Boys. It's 1 inch wide attached with 3m adhesive tape. Saved my paint several times already. Plus added door edge protector also from Pep Boys. The whole set up was less than forty dollars.

Reactions: JHoov

·
Registered
219 Posts
Tex, do you have pics? Is the body protector color matched? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
brian1972ct said:
Tex, do you have pics? Is the body protector color matched? Thanks!
Click on the short cut. It will bring you to the post with pictures. You can also find it under Image....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, pics WILL follow...

I bought the 2" body side moulding from Pep Boys. It has a chrome stripe on the top and is black. The cost was 39.95 and about 45 mins to install. I think it looks great! Let me know after I post the pics. Bad weather right now. I want a nice shot in the sun.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Godski, have you gotten around to taking those pics yet? Dying to see how the molding looks....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been working 10hr days and going to Real Estate school all day Sat and Sun for the past 4 weeks. Finally finished. The weather here has been atrocious (spelling?) and I haven't had time to wash my truck. I know, however, people are curious about the 39.95 Pep Boys body side moulding. Some might not like it but for me it is functional and looks good. ALOT CHEAPER than OEM! I will take more after the bath!! :cool:
Here are the promised pics:

Attachments

Reactions: zannej

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Godskid said:
Here are the promised pics:
Thanks for taking the time to post. I like that wider moulding.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Glad you got through school, the molding looks pretty decent. Hard to decide between that and the OEM, but the price difference sure is huge!
Any more pics when you get a chance would be great....

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Godskid,

Very well done!! I will definitely check these out. Can you take a close up photo of the area around the edge of the door to body seam? What did you cut the trim with? Does the adhesive backing do a good job keeping moisture out? Thanks a million. Looks great to me!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hey man that really looks great...............

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Godskid,

Nice job on the mouldings. I've looked at the overpriced OME's and was trying to find something else too. Since my Ridgeline is less than a week old, I've been parking away from all the other cars until I can get some more side protection.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts