Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting some BSMs to protect my doors from dings.

Anybody with BSM on their Ridgeline, are you happy with them? I have not seen them in person and rarely see them in pictures. If you have pics, post them here to help out those of us who are considering them.

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
I really didn't know if I was going to like these either but the moment I put them on they were fine with me. I don't know how much body protection they deliver. I think they would need to be higher up to do a better job. But they would've looked real ugly higher up. In retrospect I might have put these an inch or two higher than they are. Although it's an expensive investment to throw away, if you really don't like them you can take them off, probably with a heat gun/hairdryer.

The color name on the package and listed by most of the stores is copperhead red, by the way. Last I looked Bernardi is the only one that has corrected it to say Deep Scarlet Pearl. But I bet the packaging still says copperhead red. Just wanted to save you some grief. It's the right color where it counts.

· Premium Member
484 Posts
I've put BSMs on several of my cars from Painted and Chrome Body Side Molding | Auto Body Side Molding | Bodysidemoldings.com The colors have been a perfect match and the instructions are straightforward. Never had problems with the adhesive strips. They aren't on their website yet, but the last time I called and they had them for our just-released Ford Edge. Someone might give them a try.

Full Disclosure: I have no interest in the company whatsoever. I'm just a satisfied customer who has made several purchases. YMMV

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts

· Super Moderator
2,967 Posts
Looking at the bodysidemolding.com site, the moldings that show up higher on the door seem to be thinner and mostly on cars. Whereas most trucks have them lower down, but that's probably because the suspension is lifted. Poses a bit of a dilemma for the new Ridgeline. I do think that if protection is what you're after, one of these aftermarket solutions might be better. Or maybe nerf bars. Those things stand out 3 to 4 inches. Even at the bottom of the door they can protect your paint. Course, it all depends upon how the outer edge of the door shaped. And coupes are killers.

· Registered
581 Posts
Questions: 1) Do they stick out far enough such that the opening doors of most other cars would hit the molding before hitting your paint? 2) Do you think they have any impact on gas mileage? I've been wondering that about mud flaps as well.

· Super Moderator
2,967 Posts
Lifesaver1:

Wasn't sure who you are asking the questions of, but I will answer for the Honda body side moldings. They are definitely the thing that sticks out the farthest up and down the door. But they would probably do a more effective job if they were a foot and a half higher on the door where there is a bulge. On the other hand, I don't think there's any side molding placed in a single location that can protect your door from all sizes, shapes and heights of car doors that park next to you. But putting these on the bottom and a thinner stripe of molding in that higher position would be about as good as it gets. Not sure how that would look.

I hadn't given the gas mileage question much thought. I doubt there's enough surface area involved to make a big difference. I would say any loss in gas mileage would be negligible.

· Premium Member
202 Posts
I put them on myself after a tank or two (not much of a sample size). But, I didn't notice any difference in gas mileage with them installed. The body side moldings from Honda do not add much weight to the vehicle and they don't stick out that far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.