Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the body side protectors from HandA online and was putting them on my truck yesterday. It wasn't until I had the right side of the truck finished when I noticed that one of the left side protectors had a scuff mark with the paint removed at the end of one protector.
I should have inspected all the pieces before applying them.
Maybe I can find some touch-up paint somewhere.
Just a note for others to learn from my mistake.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Dealer sells the touch up paint matching your truck's color perfectly. The important thing about applying the paint is to apply a thin coat at a time with five minutes between coats. :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip.
As for HandA, I emailed them explaining the situation and they promptly replied back that they would ship the touch up paint free of charge.
Kudos to HandA for good customer service.

L

·
0 Posts
YOUR DEALER DIDN'T PROVIDE A COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLE OF TOUCH UP PAINT? Wow!! Mine did. I found it in the glove box!! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... something free included ? My experience is that when a Honda or Toyota dealership don't have another dealership close by as a competitor - they could care less about giving anything other than basic service.
I currently live in a town where the next closest dealership is about 50 miles away and that one has about the same attitude as this one because of the same reason.
If I go to the chicago area - they fight over your business, give you free lifetime car washes and all kinds of extras.

·
Registered
214 Posts
These should be included on the truck.

I started looking at trucks and cars on the road to see who includes them. Almost every truck and car has Side Protectors. They can't cost that much.
I would love to add the but they cost too much.
Added the Hitch last week, I am deaming of wheels...... :rolleyes:

RidgeNH

·
Registered
460 Posts
ridgeNH said:
These should be included on the truck.

I started looking at trucks and cars on the road to see who includes them. Almost every truck and car has Side Protectors. They can't cost that much.
I would love to add the but they cost too much.
Added the Hitch last week, I am deaming of wheels...... :rolleyes:

RidgeNH
ive been looking too since reading these posts........can't beleive honda did not include the protectors as part of the vehicle. even the cheapest vehicles have them :mad: .........i would like them too but for me, they are pricey and i did all i could to purchase the rl.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Boo. Our first scratch was from someone carelessly opening a door into our truck. We went to our parts department and bought a bottle of touch up paint. It was less than $5. We walked through the dealership to see our saleswoman, whom we like a great deal. She wasn't there, but the customer relations person who gave us our vehicle orientation chatted with us for a while.

She asked what we were up to and so we told her about getting the touch up paint. She asked if they gave it to us and then told us if we had come to her first she would have given it to us for free. I'm glad it wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be. In the future for things like this we will talk to Lisa before we go to the parts department.

That's a suggestion for anyone else before you buy the paint. I think a bottle should be tossed into every glove box, but it's not.

Our touch up job did not completely cover the scratch, but it's much less noticeable. I am thinking of forking out the money for the side protectors so we don't go through this again.

L

·
0 Posts
Truckin' said:
Boo. Our first scratch was from someone carelessly opening a door into our truck. We went to our parts department and bought a bottle of touch up paint. It was less than $5. We walked through the dealership to see our saleswoman, whom we like a great deal. She wasn't there, but the customer relations person who gave us our vehicle orientation chatted with us for a while.

She asked what we were up to and so we told her about getting the touch up paint. She asked if they gave it to us and then told us if we had come to her first she would have given it to us for free. I'm glad it wasn't as expensive as I thought it might be. In the future for things like this we will talk to Lisa before we go to the parts department.

That's a suggestion for anyone else before you buy the paint. I think a bottle should be tossed into every glove box, but it's not.

Our touch up job did not completely cover the scratch, but it's much less noticeable. I am thinking of forking out the money for the side protectors so we don't go through this again.
Every vehicle that goes out the door here has a complimentary bottle of touch-up paint in the glove box. I think it's the LEAST we can do.

Truckin'? What part of the country are you in? Just wondered if I know your Customer Relations Lady!!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I agree that body protectors should be included with the vehicle, I got mine in the deal. In my area alot of short ladys with large bottoms open their door really wide just to get out their cars. They do not give a crap what they hit when they open their doors either. I did not get any toutch up paint either.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
ladyridge said:
Truckin'? What part of the country are you in? Just wondered if I know your Customer Relations Lady!!
Utah, it's a Ken Garff dealership.

L

·
0 Posts
Truckin' said:
Utah, it's a Ken Garff dealership.
Oh. I can't remember where Lisa, the Customer Relations Manager I met in Vegas at a Honda Excell conference last August, said she was from. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I didn't get any touch up paint but I walked away with I keychain and a coffee mug. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Those OEM Honda bump guards fit the RL cause they were made for it, but "crykee" they have got to be four of the most expensive pieces of plastic anywhere!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The body side protectors are very expensive, and should have been part of the standard equipment, but now that we just bought our new RL, I am looking into this feature as well.

I've been looking online, but the parts only price is still close to 400 plus shipping. Has anyone found it cheaper?

They look easy to install...is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

mnmpa

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
rogerstruck said:
In my area alot of short ladys with large bottoms open their door really wide just to get out...
And I thought Arkansas was only famous for horney ex-presidents.
Monica Lewinski could have used some body side protectors.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
jeffiam said:
ive been looking too since reading these posts........can't beleive honda did not include the protectors as part of the vehicle. even the cheapest vehicles have them :mad: .........i would like them too but for me, they are pricey and i did all i could to purchase the rl.
Check out the thread under Exteriors>bumper guards. It may help you deciding on bumper guards. Look for the pictures. :)

L

·
0 Posts
steveberger said:
And I thought Arkansas was only famous for horney ex-presidents.
Monica Lewinski could have used some body side protectors.

(((((((( :eek: ))))))))

·
Registered
934 Posts
Where can a buy bumper guards?

Someone hit my rear passenger side corner bumper. Scuffed, scratched and slightly gouged and dented. Thought about touching it up, replacing it is probably too much $$$$$, but thought I would just stick a bumper guard over it. Has anyone used them yet. And do they come in Silver for my 'Ridge?

Thanks in advance for your help ROC members,

RidgeLI

1 - 20 of 24 Posts