Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the confusion I was thinking of ordering the body side protectors, what are they made of? Has anyone installed them, how hard is it? Is there anything I need toknow other than the installation instructions? Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My dealer installed the body sides & the flares.. I am alittle gun shy of door dings, so I figure this is the best protection we can get! Anyway I did not install but read the directions the dealer left in the RL. To bad for them I do not think they read them! Basicly you need prep the surface...remove wax..etc.. then adhere and keep dry for 24 hrs, so the tape can bond. The side protectors are fine, but This tuesday they are going to remove & rplace the flares. I can only guess, being 2 days new, they figured no wax. I ran mine thru the touchless wash with spray wax. that & it rained all day & night after I picked it up. Anyway the tape keeps de bonding but goes back if I press on em for a minute...
One good reason for dealer warrenty:) they fix & I even talked em into a loaner for the day

·
Registered
2 Posts
I RECENTLY BOUGHT THE PROTECTORS AND INSTALLED THEM MY SELF.THE PROTECTORS ARE MADE FROM A THICK BLACK PLASTIC AND ARE HELD ON WITH FOAM TAPE..THEY ALSO COME WITH ENOUGH ALCOHOL PADS TO CLEAN WAX AND OTHER OILS OFF THE PAINT FOR THE TAPE TO STICK REAL WELL, JUST MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL THEM ON A NICE WARM DAY AND NO RAIN OR CAR WASH FOR ATLEAST 2 DAYS.. THE WHOLE JOB SHOULD TAKE ABOUT 1 1/2 HOURS. IF ANY ONE DECIDES TO BUY THESE PROTECTORS DO NOT BUY FROM DEALER BUY THEM OFF THE INTERNET ( HandAACCESSORIES.COM ) YOU SAVE ABOUT 150.00.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I purchased mine from H & A Sunday afternoon over the web. I will post pics of the install once they come in.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have seen a number of other Honda door protectors for other models, and they always have a bit of waviness to them. For me, I would rather spend the extra $150 for the dealership to install them so that I can tell them to reinstall them when they screw up and they turn out all wavy. I don't mean to knock dealerships, but I have seen too many turn out wavy to trust myself to install them, and i'm a perfectionist!! LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts