Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BORA 1.5in wheel spacers installed on a 18' RL Sport AWD with a 1.5in TRUXXX leveling kit (front only), Falken 265/R60R18 Wildpeak All-Terrain tires on the Ridgeline Sport Factory wheels (18x8.0 55mm offset)

The lug nuts are open end, ball seat, with a 14x1.5 thread pitch. This is a must since I was using the Honda factory wheels. I had a hard time finding these types of lug nuts locally so I purchased them online. Seems like Porsche and Honda share the same ball seat type lug nuts for their factory wheels. Any other type (conical, cone, etc) will not work! You need the ball seat type to secure the factory Honda wheels to the hub.

The Ridgeline handles a lot better with the wider stance. Some rubbing when turning left fully lock. The tires poke out about an 1in upfront and maybe 1.5in in the back. Stance looks great without trying to hard. I wouldn't go any wider than 1.5in with the wheel spacers tho. The spacers are hubcentric, high quailty, made in the US, and life time warranty. BORA engraves your invoice number on each of the wheel spacers. It takes approx 7 to 10 business days for them to manufacture your spacers and additional 2 to 3 days to anodize it. It took about 3 weeks to get the wheels spacers made and shipped to me. So plan ahead! I wanted to keep the factory wheels since I like the gun-metal gray look on the Lunar Silver RL. Just upgraded the tires to the Falken Wildpeaks.

The Ridgeline looks a lot more beefier with the stance and wider tires. Handles A LOT better with less roll!

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Exactly what i’m doing. BE wheels on my WDP RTL-T with Falken Wildpeaks and these spacers. No lift though, dont want to sacrifice the ride. Where did you get the lug nuts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly what i’m doing. BE wheels on my WDP RTL-T with Falken Wildpeaks and these spacers. No lift though, dont want to sacrifice the ride. Where did you get the lug nuts?
Purchased online at Black Porsche Ball Seat Open End Lug Nuts 14x1.5 but I actually found that they listed this on their EBAY site which had free shipping. So I bought it off their EBAY listing. Shipping was free and it only took 3 days to ship from California to Washington via USPS Priority Mail.

·
Registered
566 Posts
im thinking about going with 1.25" in front and 1" in the back because i have the truxxx lift, can anyone that has these comment on the difference from front to back? would .25 be enough difference to make them seem equal?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Are you guys putting on 1.5" spacers just for the look / stance or because of rub? When I was doing research on replacing my Firestones with some larger Wildpeaks it looked like I would only need 0.75" spacers to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you guys putting on 1.5" spacers just for the look / stance or because of rub? When I was doing research on replacing my Firestones with some larger Wildpeaks it looked like I would only need 0.75" spacers to avoid rubbing.
I went with the 1.5in spacers just for the look/stance. It rubs on full lock with 265/60R18 Falken Wildspeakers with the Ridgeline Sport 18x8 wheels and BORA 1.5in turning left. Doesn't do it when turning right at full lock.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The lug nuts are open end, ball seat, with a 14x1.5 thread pitch. This is a must since I was using the Honda factory wheels. I had a hard time finding these types of lug nuts locally so I purchased them online. Seems like Porsche and Honda share the same ball seat type lug nuts for their factory wheels. Any other type (conical, cone, etc) will not work! You need the ball seat type to secure the factory Honda wheels to the hub.
Drew, that looks fantastic. I'm confused about the lug comment though. Why not just use the Honda lugs? Is the spacer a different thread pitch?

If so, where did you buy the lugs?

I want this exact set-up so bad its haunting me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Drew, that looks fantastic. I'm confused about the lug comment though. Why not just use the Honda lugs? Is the spacer a different thread pitch?

If so, where did you buy the lugs?

I want this exact set-up so bad its haunting me.
The Honda lug nuts are too short for the longer studs on the BORA spacers so I had to buy the open end lug nuts from EBAY. If I used the Honda lug nuts the wheels wouldn't seat properly. Porsche & Honda is the only ones that uses ball type seated lug nuts on their factory wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Looks great with the wider stance! Seeing this convinced me to do the spacers. I have a couple questions for those who have done it, though:

1. Do you feel the rubbing is mostly due to a) the spacers b) the larger tires, or c) the lift? Based on my reading in these forums I feel like having the lift increases your chances of tire rub, and obviously having the wider/ taller tire would also increase the chances of that. Personally I want to get the wider stance but don’t plan on doing a lift and I will wait until the stock tires are worn to replace them with something slightly bigger. I really don’t want to deal with the rubbing (I’ve been through that with other vehicles LOL)

2. The bora website says lug nuts are included with purchase - are they not the appropriate type?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts