Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
How long did it take you to do the install yourself? is really that easy to just take off wheel, slap on the spacer and reapply the wheel with the shorter lug nuts?
Yes. But the lugs they send are what us used to hold the spacer on. Standard “old school” open end acorns. The same lugs that hold your wheel on now will be used to hold it to the spacer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport
119 Posts
Yes. But the lugs they send are what us used to hold the spacer on. Standard “old school” open end acorns. The same lugs that hold your wheel on now will be used to hold it to the spacer.

Got it. I found a video on YouTube. I always forget about YouTube. Got mine ordered and looking forward to a morning project! Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
BORA 1.5in wheel spacers installed on a 18' RL Sport AWD with a 1.5in TRUXXX leveling kit (front only), Falken 265/R60R18 Wildpeak All-Terrain tires on the Ridgeline Sport Factory wheels (18x8.0 55mm offset)

The lug nuts are open end, ball seat, with a 14x1.5 thread pitch. This is a must since I was using the Honda factory wheels. I had a hard time finding these types of lug nuts locally so I purchased them online. Seems like Porsche and Honda share the same ball seat type lug nuts for their factory wheels. Any other type (conical, cone, etc) will not work! You need the ball seat type to secure the factory Honda wheels to the hub.

The Ridgeline handles a lot better with the wider stance. Some rubbing when turning left fully lock. The tires poke out about an 1in upfront and maybe 1.5in in the back. Stance looks great without trying to hard. I wouldn't go any wider than 1.5in with the wheel spacers tho. The spacers are hubcentric, high quailty, made in the US, and life time warranty. BORA engraves your invoice number on each of the wheel spacers. It takes approx 7 to 10 business days for them to manufacture your spacers and additional 2 to 3 days to anodize it. It took about 3 weeks to get the wheels spacers made and shipped to me. So plan ahead! I wanted to keep the factory wheels since I like the gun-metal gray look on the Lunar Silver RL. Just upgraded the tires to the Falken Wildpeaks.

The Ridgeline looks a lot more beefier with the stance and wider tires. Handles A LOT better with less roll!
Love it. Thanks for the info as I'm really considering putting on spacers and you confirmed a lot of what I thought. Baby looks sharp

·
Registered
119 Posts
One more question. Any issues with shop mounting tires? I have heard some shops won’t touch vehicles with spacers. Anyone used Discount tire?
discount tire is installing mine today. I will update with pictures later this evening.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went with the 1.5in spacers just for the look/stance. It rubs on full lock with 265/60R18 Falken Wildspeakers with the Ridgeline Sport 18x8 wheels and BORA 1.5in turning left. Doesn't do it when turning right at full lock.
Did you dremmel your inside fenders at all? How much rub?

·
Registered
106 Posts
discount tire is installing mine today. I will update with pictures later this evening.
I installed them it but both Honda and Discount have had no issues with them when removing or installing the wheels.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL AWD
109 Posts
Did you order Bora spacers from motorsport-tech? How long did it take for you to receive them. I ordered my 1" spacers 5 weeks ago. I'm going to have to bug them again.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Did you order Bora spacers from motorsport-tech? How long did it take for you to receive them. I ordered my 1" spacers 5 weeks ago. I'm going to have to bug them again.
Mine are still “processing”. I ordered them around the same time you did. I’ve been meaning to call them too to check on status. I may end up paying the extra $100 to expedite them.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL AWD
109 Posts
Mine are still “processing”. I ordered them around the same time you did. I’ve been meaning to call them too to check on status. I may end up paying the extra $100 to expedite them.
I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were having the spacers installed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you were having the spacers installed.
Sorry about that. My spacers were delayed getting here. I ended up getting my Ridge Grapplers installed before they arrived, so I’m thinking of installing the spacers myself now. When I spoke with them they said they wouldn’t install the spacers considering they were after market parts. I’ve seen YouTube videos showing spacer install but I’m hesitant to do it on my own. Thoughts? Has anyone installed these themselves?

·
Registered
119 Posts

Did you install your spacers yourself? Do you recommend I do the same or get my Honda dealer to install?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Did you install your spacers yourself? Do you recommend I do the same or get my Honda dealer to install?
Yes. If you can take your wheels off/on you can too.

Pretty sure dealer would not put them on for you. They are “ok” with them being there but don’t think they would install them - liability issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes. If you can take your wheels off/on you can too.

Pretty sure dealer would not put them on for you. They are “ok” with them being there but don’t think they would install them - liability issues.

Ok, yeah I have a project to do myself this weekend!

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Sport Crew Cab Pickup AWD - Black
41 Posts
Do the spacers change the offset? or backspacing?

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Sport Crew Cab Pickup AWD - Black
41 Posts
Im asking because stock is +55 and I am looking at +35 wheels. Would the spacer change the +35offset to +40 or +30?

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Where you have an offset of +35, adding a 1.5" (38.1mm) spacer will move your offset closer to the center of the tire also pushing your rim out toward the fender, adding backspacing.

A +35mm Offset with a 38.1mm spacer will give you a wheel offset of -3.1

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Yes you are absolutely correct. It will add to (multiply) the already negative camber from the factory as it changes the mounting point. The further from the center point you move the mounting point, the more negative the camber.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts