Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Sport
119 Posts
Finally got to the shop today to install my 1.5” Bora spacers. Keep in mind I installed the 2” F/R Traxda lift kit and upgraded to 265/60/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (stock rims) . After spacer installation, I noticed turning hard left there is now slight rubbing on inside wheel well close to the back so I will be using a dremmel to shave it down, however it isnt unsafe. Overall I am very happy with it!

Edited: I did not dremmel as I found the plastic to be helpful as a barrier to tire rubbing on metal frame. Currently thinking of replacing front spacers with 1” instead in hopes this gives me some clearance back. I added a picture of the rubbing, both right and left side.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Hopefully you don't have to grind it down all the way to the pinch weld. If you do, make sure to seal it with silicon or something. Leaving it open will introduce sand and water into the rocker panel and will promote rust from the inside out.

Hopefully that offset doesn't sandblast your paint. I know when I went 1 summer with tires that stuck out past my fenders it cost me $500 to get the paint scratches and chips fixed. Every time it rains, you will see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hopefully you don't have to grind it down all the way to the pinch weld. If you do, make sure to seal it with silicon or something. Leaving it open will introduce sand and water into the rocker panel and will promote rust from the inside out.

Hopefully that offset doesn't sandblast your paint. I know when I went 1 summer with tires that stuck out past my fenders it cost me $500 to get the paint scratches and chips fixed. Every time it rains, you will see what I'm talking about.
Are you talking about when I dremmel the plastic fender? And good to know about the rain...it does that a lot here in WA state.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
Are you talking about when I dremmel the plastic fender? And good to know about the rain...it does that a lot here in WA state.
Yes, not 100% on the G2 but on the G1 there is a pinch weld that is covered by that plastic inner fender/mud flap. If you grind through it it leaves the steel fender/wheel well open for water and sand to build up and possibly cause rust issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes, not 100% on the G2 but on the G1 there is a pinch weld that is covered by that plastic inner fender/mud flap. If you grind through it it leaves the steel fender/wheel well open for water and sand to build up and possibly cause rust issues.
I see. Guess I won’t know until I cut it out. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone have 2x 1” or 1.25” bora spacers for a G2 they wouldn’t mind switching for 2x 1.5” spacers. I have 4x 1.5” spacers total but am looking to keep the 1.5” on the back and hopefully replace the front with smaller. I rub turning left and right (slightly) but it makes me to nervous I’ll rub out the rear fender far before my tread wears down...the spacers I have are brand new. They’ve only been on my truck for about 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. If you can take your wheels off/on you can too.

Pretty sure dealer would not put them on for you. They are “ok” with them being there but don’t think they would install them - liability issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It looks like you have swapped to ZDX wheels from the OEM wheels with spacers. Any issues or dislikes that caused this change or just for looks? A little off topic but any fuel mileage change or ride quality comments with the ZDX 19 inch wheels? Just wondering because these are the two setups I am deciding on. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
It looks like you have swapped to ZDX wheels from the OEM wheels with spacers. Any issues or dislikes that caused this change or just for looks? A little off topic but any fuel mileage change or ride quality comments with the ZDX 19 inch wheels? Just wondering because these are the two setups I am deciding on. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. The switch to the ZDX wheels were purely for the looks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry for the late reply. The switch to the ZDX wheels were purely for the looks.

And no measurable changes to mileage (diameter changed almost none). Ride is firmer but likely due to lower profile tire.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T... WHITE on all black 20” Pilot rims
4 Posts
Finally got to the shop today to install my 1.5” Bora spacers. Keep in mind I installed the 2” F/R Traxda lift kit and upgraded to 265/60/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers (stock rims) . After spacer installation, I noticed turning hard left there is now slight rubbing on inside wheel well close to the back so I will be using a dremmel to shave it down, however it isnt unsafe. Overall I am very happy with it!

Edited: I did not dremmel as I found the plastic to be helpful as a barrier to tire rubbing on metal frame. Currently thinking of replacing front spacers with 1” instead in hopes this gives me some clearance back. I added a picture of the rubbing, both right and left side.
View attachment 405599
View attachment 405600
View attachment 405601
View attachment 405602 View attachment 406148
Solid looking truck! Does the 2” F/R Traxda lift still maintain that stock rack look? Or is it closer to leveled? Not sure if I wanna do the Traxda 2” front/ 1” rear... or the same lift as you. Those Ridge Grapplers look nice and aggressive too! Great choice!🤙🏽

·
Registered
119 Posts
Solid looking truck! Does the 2” F/R Traxda lift still maintain that stock rack look? Or is it closer to leveled? Not sure if I wanna do the Traxda 2” front/ 1” rear... or the same lift as you. Those Ridge Grapplers look nice and aggressive too! Great choice!🤙🏽
I’m not sure what you mean by stock rack look? It is no longer raked, and is definitely level.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T... WHITE on all black 20” Pilot rims
4 Posts
I’m not sure what you mean by stock rack look? It is no longer raked, and is definitely level.
Sorry, the rake I was referring to is when the front is lower than the back. Like most trucks from factory. I think the Tacoma is the only truck that is leveled coming from the factory.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts