Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After weeks of driving different Tacoma variations and trying to get past the small cabin I finally decided to look at a ridgeline and actually drive one. I couldn’t believe how much better it drove and how it literally did everything I would need the truck to do better than a Tacoma, I decided to take the great discount and buy the RL although I wasn’t happy about the looks or minivan stigma attached to it.
So far here is a list of upgrades that have arrived
Jsport leveling kit
Titan 7 forged wheels
265/65/18 toyo TA
pilot BE led headlights
Sport grill

Will update with everything installed soon

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome to the club. Looks like a nice ride. I originally wanted a white one too, but since my wife-to-be's vehicle is also white, had to go with silver. I look forward to seeing it once you get your mods installed. I am pretty sure you will not stop there.

Reactions: Hleau

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
65 Posts
looks stick my guy! 265/65R18 is pretty large for tires on the Ridgeline!!
there is probably better luck with 265/60R18 with a workaround for the minor rub, but if you can get it to work all power to yah!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks stick my guy! 265/65R18 is pretty large for tires on the Ridgeline!!
there is probably better luck with 265/60R18 with a workaround for the minor rub, but if you can get it to work all power to yah!!!
Hopefully it’s not to much rub the original plan was volk te37v with a 22 offset but those are 6 month out.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
65 Posts
Hopefully it’s not to much rub the original plan was volk te37v with a 22 offset but those are 6 month out.
fingers crossed!
the wheelbase from the unibody construction leaves little room for tires even for cutting

·
Registered
2 Posts
After weeks of driving different Tacoma variations and trying to get past the small cabin I finally decided to look at a ridgeline and actually drive one. I couldn’t believe how much better it drove and how it literally did everything I would need the truck to do better than a Tacoma, I decided to take the great discount and buy the RL although I wasn’t happy about the looks or minivan stigma attached to it.
So far here is a list of upgrades that have arrived
Jsport leveling kit
Titan 7 forged wheels
265/65/18 toyo TA
pilot BE led headlights
Sport grill
View attachment 408572
View attachment 408573
View attachment 408574
View attachment 408575
Will update with everything installed soon
Real men drive Ridgelines 👍

·
Registered
'17 RTL-E Rear-door mod, LED fogs, stock bed cover, LED back up lights, Magnaflow cat-back
67 Posts
How much were the wheels, and where did you find them. They are sweet!

·
Registered
228 Posts
How much were the wheels, and where did you find them. They are sweet!
Looks like an easy web search to find vendors, about $2100 shipped for 18" sizing. That said, it's a motorsport wheel not a truck wheel. I might put them on my racecar but not my Ridgeline.

Mike

·
Registered
115 Posts
Interesting wheel choice considering you’re adding a leveling kit. I think it would look better lowered with those wheels.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ridgeline RTLT in the odd 'green' shade. stock, with bed cover, I am 02nd owner
212 Posts
Ok,this is a very quick conversation of a Tacoma-ite! You just get the R/L and PRESTO! a whole flock of improvements.By the look of the shop you have; you could take apart the R/L and change the look of the nose!

Welcome to the R/L kingdom

·
Registered
141 Posts
Man, sounds like my story, although I had actually bought a Tacoma. I had a 2017 SR5 V6 4x4. I liked it, and I have respect for what it is. But after a 3500 mile road trip, the things that bugged me about it came to a head. I was able to get 23MPG the whole time, but the hilly areas I was driving left me quite annoyed at the transmission. I'm also JUST tall enough that the seating position is on the edge of not being comfortable. My arms and shoulders were sore after getting back from that trip. Further, the rear end is undersprung, and at 32k miles, the front shocks needed replacing.

The night I got home from that trip, someone had posted an article on another forum about the Ridgeline, so I looked into it. I did a few days worth of research. Figured about what I could buy one for, how much I could probably get for my Taco on trade-in, and that I would surely qualify for the 0.9% financing Honda had going on.

I went up to the nearest Honda dealer after contacting them online. Got a no-bullshit price that was inline with what people here have been getting, got exactly what I wanted for my Taco trade-in, and easily scored the 0.9% financing.

MAN, the RL is just so much nicer than the Taco. It handles better. It's smoother. It feels more powerful. It's roomier inside and I'm SO much more comfortable. It'll do everything I need it to do. Mostly just hauling my paramotor stuff and maybe one or two road trips each year. I may end up getting another small camper in the future, which it will handle just fine.

I'm loving my RL. 3 months and about 2000 miles so far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Oh, I'd almost want your OEM wheels... my dark grey RTL-E came with the same style but entirely painted. I like the look of the wheels with only the center bit painted.

Unfortunately, I'll be unemployed soon, so I can't justify spending any money on anything anytime soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok,this is a very quick conversation of a Tacoma-ite! You just get the R/L and PRESTO! a whole flock of improvements.By the look of the shop you have; you could take apart the R/L and change the look of the nose!

Welcome to the R/L kingdom
Yep I have a shop and build civic 1.5t and 2.0t motors offend so this works a lot better than hauling parts around in my old 2018 accord lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
It’s a forged wheel so it’ll be fine
I know what a forged wheel is, i have a set of Prodrive wheels on my S2000 and have been involved in motorsports for 10 years. Forging is a process not a given for superior load rating. Does this wheel have a published load rating? It seems to be an underpublished figure but when I see people on this site towing big trailers and putting 2000 lbs of gravel in their truck bed I'd hate to have a wheel that diminishes the performance I see on the OEM wheel. Maybe you wont be doing that in which case you're probably just fine.

It's a nice wheel for sure, but not designed for a truck is all I'm saying.

-Mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts