Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plan to do a brake fluid exchange and hope someone could let me know the size wrench I will need for the screws as well as diameter if hose they used.

Thanks!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Plan to do a brake fluid exchange and hope someone could let me know the size wrench I will need for the screws as well as diameter if hose they used.

Thanks!
I used a 10mm wrench and I bought these from Amazon for the hose:
, It has a one way valve makes bleeding the brakes really easy.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
10mm is correct for the bleeder screw. That device radtech used looks like a version of speedbleeders. I also like to view the dirty brake fluid coming out during a change and am still looking for that "perfect" way to do a one-man brake fluid change. ;)

You'll need a 17mm (front and rear) and a 10mm (rear) for the slider pins, iirc. I just did this a few weeks ago on my RL and already forgot the size wrenches needed... but the rear slider pins need a wrench to hold the slider pin when loosening or tightening the lower bolt. But not the fronts though.

It's always a good idea to check the slider pins (I typically do that every oil change when I rotate my tires) for freedom of movement and a nice greasy feel. I just take the lower bolt out of the slider pin and rotate the caliper up so I can check the top slider pin. You can also check the bottom slider pin at the same time. If it feels dry, pop it out of the boot and put a little caliper grease on it and slide it back in the boot making sure the boot goes over the lip to seal it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts