Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Prodgy controller off ebay this past week. I am wondering you placed your controller?

thanks,
-S

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I put mine on the lower dash panel just to the left of the steering column. I don't find it to be a problem with entry or exit.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I'm positive I posted photos of mine, but I can't find them, for the life of me. I tried everything I can think of in the search as well as scanning through my pages of posts.

Ours is on the right side of the steering column. I'm glad it's a skinny model. My knee is right up against it when I drive. Other than that, neither one of us bumps into it.

I will try to find my pics and post again if I can get iPhoto to work.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I did left of the steering wheel but my knee sometimes hits the controller.

If I were to do it again I would go right of the steering wheel

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The prodigy controller says it has to be mounted between 0*-70*. Does that panel under the steering wheel work ok?

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
shingles said:
The prodigy controller says it has to be mounted between 0*-70*. Does that panel under the steering wheel work ok?
I can't imagine what "between 0*-70*" could mean. Are you asking about mounting it directly under the steering wheel? If so, I would definitely advise against that. Not only would you be creating a sure knee knocker, you also need to be able to view the display or knobs occasionally while you set the drag, or whatever the approrpiate braking pressure is called.

I have not been able to locate the photos I took of ours in my photo library. Sorry.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Mounted mine on the right side of the steering wheel because I'm more comfortable reaching with my right hand to use the controller if needed in an emergency and being able to steer my Ridgeline and trailer with my left hand. Hope this makes sense to those who at one time had to use the override on a brake controller to bring a trailer back under control other then using the tow vehicle brakes (only happened once but, after cleaning out my pants, never wanted to be in that position again). :eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
The panel is less than 70 degrees, so it will work fine.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might put it on the passanger side.
I'm not that tall (5'6") so my knee if fairly close to the dash. I am worried about banging my knees on the controller on a bad accident....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts