Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looks great! I purchased a travel trailer this Monday and towed it 350 mi home, and the redarc is both very simple to use and very effective. The installation flexibility of the system versus everything else that's out there, is just in a league by itself.

·
Registered
2020 Black Edition
6 Posts
I got mine installed following advice from ChrisFix and CentexG2 . Snapped out the entire panel and installed remote without insert. My only deviation was where I affixed the control unit. I didn't find a good spot on the parking brake bracket, but chose instead to zip tie it to a spot just behind the dash panel (photo for details). Used the TPH-013 adapter for easy connection. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got mine installed following advice from ChrisFix and CentexG2 . Snapped out the entire panel and installed remote without insert. My only deviation was where I affixed the control unit. I didn't find a good spot on the parking brake bracket, but chose instead to zip tie it to a spot just behind the dash panel (photo for details). Used the TPH-013 adapter for easy connection. Thanks everyone.
That looks fantastic!
Really, no other brake controller can compare to the clean installation that Redarc allows. Very happy I found this product.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, A.R.E. Series Z, REDARC Tow-Pro Elite
4 Posts
Thanks, everyone, for the great advice. I'm planning on installing a REDARC Elite, but my RL is still on the delivery truck somewhere. Can anyone tell me if this mounting plate would work in the ECON hole or elsewhere?

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,715 Posts
Noting this is your first post, Welcome to the ROC @Dive Bum !

Thanks, everyone, for the great advice. I'm planning on installing a REDARC Elite, but my RL is still on the delivery truck somewhere. Can anyone tell me if this mounting plate would work in the ECON hole or elsewhere?
The TPSI-003 you link will NOT fit neatly in the ECON button hole - BTDT, my local friendly 4-WP Store had it in stock and graciously let me try it for size hands-on in their parking lot prior to purchase .....
  • The OD of the face is much larger than the 'depression' around the ECON button
  • The part of the TPSI-003 behind the face that's intended to set into the dash is larger than the ECON button hole
  • The hole in the TPSI-003 for the knob/shaft is not centered on the round face - it's slightly above center
IOW, it doesn't lend to 'plug-and-play' fitment in our RLs, IMO / IME.

It could probably be made to work by modification of the TPSI-003 and/or the ECON button hole OR certainly by drilling a new hole in the dash of the appropriate large size. I decided it wasn't likely to turn-out looking the way I would prefer so didn't buy it and elected to go fully custom instead, pics at this post, YMMV.

If willing to drill your dash, the round TPSI-003 might work well in the location used by @ChrisFix in lieu of the rectangle panel shown in this post; subject to verification of course and a bit of tweaking to retain it in the drilled hole (noting the clips designed for the GM/Isuzu application will not grab a round hole in the relatively thin RL dash while holding the face tight against the dash; some 'innovation' would be required, IMO).

Hope that helps, betting you'll enjoy the REDARC controller even if not with this mounting option :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noting this is your first post, Welcome to the ROC @Dive Bum !

The TPSI-003 you link will NOT fit neatly in the ECON button hole - BTDT, my local friendly 4-WP Store had it in stock and graciously let me try it for size hands-on in their parking lot prior to purchase .....
  • The OD of the face is much larger than the 'depression' around the ECON button
  • The part of the TPSI-003 behind the face that's intended to set into the dash is larger than the ECON button hole
  • The hole in the TPSI-003 for the knob/shaft is not centered on the round face - it's slightly above center
IOW, it doesn't lend to 'plug-and-play' fitment in our RLs, IMO / IME.

It could probably be made to work by modification of the TPSI-003 and/or the ECON button hole OR certainly by drilling a new hole in the dash of the appropriate large size. I decided it wasn't likely to turn-out looking the way I would prefer so didn't buy it and elected to go fully custom instead, pics at this post, YMMV.

If willing to drill your dash, the round TPSI-003 might work well in the location used by @ChrisFix in lieu of the rectangle panel shown in this post; subject to verification of course and a bit of tweaking to retain it in the drilled hole (noting the clips designed for the GM/Isuzu application will not grab a round hole in the relatively thin RL dash while holding the face tight against the dash; some 'innovation' would be required, IMO).

Hope that helps, betting you'll enjoy the REDARC controller even if not with this mounting option :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you @CentexG2! Really appreciate your help. And thanks for the fantastic L-Rail post. Got those ordered and I’m looking forward to the install. I had something similar in my G1 (but not as well made) and I used the heck out of them. Perfect for scuba tank racks!

·
Registered
249 Posts
3. Rev 3, the "Keeper", aided by my 61years-young 'kid' brother 3-D printing a bezel, spacer, and retaining ring to my spec (PDF attached FYI); this one is the look I wanted (yes, there's a hole for the TBC status LED to light-up the clear ring of the knob just as it should):
That looks absolutely awesome! Any chance you'd want to make some of these for sale?

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,715 Posts
That looks absolutely awesome! Any chance you'd want to make some of these for sale?
Thanks, but no thanks. ;)

(it's my brother that made the bits on his 3D printer - he's not interested in producing them for sale)

121 - 129 of 129 Posts