Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the consensus on brake parts for an otherwise stock 2006 RL? I've read some posts about sticking with Honda Genuine parts only but I've had good results from Wagner parts (pads/rotors) with my past vehicles...

·
Registered
682 Posts
i run ebc dimpled/ slotted rotors and ebc yellow pads all around...

stops on a dime and gives you a nickel back

don't know if that helps or not

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here!!! About 150,000 miles with them after OEM's wore out. Bonus, not made in china!
Looked up the price for those - wow! ...And then I realized they come as a pair...
How many times have you had to have them turned? (Do you turn slotted/dimpled rotors?) To they warp easily? It seems like every Wagner rotor I've put on past vehicles has warped rather quickly..

·
Registered
682 Posts
i don't think you can turn them, or else you would have to re dimple and cut the slots. i just changed to the 2nd set of pads like 6 months ago, and i probably can get one more pad change, but i thing then it will be time for new rotors. i run my brakes pretty hard in stop in go traffic all the time, plus i like showing off to my friends how fast i can stop. lol 70 mph stops give off a little smell, but the rotors have never warped or seemed like they want to. the only drawback is that the paint in the centers of my wheels is coming off, i think from the heat transmitted...

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
Same here!!! About 150,000 miles with them after OEM's wore out. Bonus, not made in china!
I have a set of EBC (plain) rotors and EBC heavy duty brake pads waiting to go on my 06. The pads are made in the UK. The rotors do not specify where they are from. There is no question that EBC machines the rotor blanks (adding dimples / slots etc) in the US/UK but the rotor blanks are likely made in China or other less "sexy" places. . . .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have a set of EBC (plain) rotors and EBC heavy duty brake pads waiting to go on my 06. The pads are made in the UK. The rotors do not specify where they are from. There is no question that EBC machines the rotor blanks (adding dimples / slots etc) in the US/UK but the rotor blanks are likely made in China or other less "sexy" places. . . .
Yes, last I checked with EBC they (the slotted and dimpled rotors) were made in the UK and then sent to LA to be slotted and dimpled and I believe zinc treated.

No, I have never had them warp and never had them turned. I'm running on my second set of rotors from them, front and back. When the slots start to disappear, it's time for new ones.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
Yes, last I checked with EBC they (the slotted and dimpled rotors) were made in the UK and then sent to LA to be slotted and dimpled and I believe zinc treated.

No, I have never had them warp and never had them turned. I'm running on my second set of rotors from them, front and back. When the slots start to disappear, it's time for new ones.
When did you check? I think the blanks are all the same and its the treatments that differentiate.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
Just checked:) Here's what they say about their premium rotors:
"EBC manufacture the vast majority of its automotive rotors including Premium brake rotors in the UK or Europe. Outside these sources where castings or finished rotors have to be bought in to complement the range, the strictest quality controls are applied to ensure the safety and quality of the parts we sell. We source only highest quality parts from well known and proven OEM manufacturer vendors and we are responsible for and guarantee those parts to fit and perform as expected. All suppliers of castings for the EBC group are ISO approved to the highest specification and have been visited and approved by the German TUV authorities."

Like I said, my EBC rotors do not specifically say that they were made in the UK while my brake pads say it very clearly. I honestly don't know where they were made. . . .Could be China . . .

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Just checked:) Here's what they say about their premium rotors:
"EBC manufacture the vast majority of its automotive rotors including Premium brake rotors in the UK or Europe. Outside these sources where castings or finished rotors have to be bought in to complement the range, the strictest quality controls are applied to ensure the safety and quality of the parts we sell. We source only highest quality parts from well known and proven OEM manufacturer vendors and we are responsible for and guarantee those parts to fit and perform as expected. All suppliers of castings for the EBC group are ISO approved to the highest specification and have been visited and approved by the German TUV authorities."

Like I said, my EBC rotors do not specifically say that they were made in the UK while my brake pads say it very clearly. I honestly don't know where they were made. . . .Could be China . . .

I'll call their office in Las Vegas tomorrow and find out what they say about the USA components. It's a big deal for me to buy USA.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,348 Posts
Well the EBC office in Las Vegas (Michael) said that all rotors are manufactured in Great Britain and made with G3000 iron. Pads are made there as well. That is as of today. so not china!
Cool. So when you say he said all, I can assume he meant ALL including the "premium" EBC rotors that I purchased within the last year. These are plain not drilled or slotted.

Thanks for calling them!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

Cool. So when you say he said all, I can assume he meant ALL including the "premium" EBC rotors that I purchased within the last year. These are plain not drilled or slotted.

Thanks for calling them!
He did say all are made in the factory in Great Britain. They ought to lower prices with what the pound is doing right now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts