Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of years of wanting either an Avalanche or a RL, I found the ROC and cruised it for a month or so. That made my decision easy (along with Consumer Reports and my history with two Suburbans and an S10). It's an extra toy so I decided to find an early one in mint condition to try it out for 100k miles or so.

I love this thing.

And thanks to the ROC, this morning I have my rear seat out to replace the pulleys, I've got my dash halfway off to fix some bulbs and I'm gonna have new tweeters this afternoon. I'm looking forward to my first road trip next week to stretch it out (Chicago to Knoxville).

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Welcome to the club...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome to the ROC:cheerleader:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Welcome to the Club. Hope you have loads of fun on your road trip. Take some pictures and post them when you get back.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
....my history with two Suburbans and an S10.
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club.

I know exactly what you are saying about your "history" with Gubermint Motors products. I had an S-10, that I kept up a perfect maintenance schedule, that I started calling the "money pit" the last year or so I had it. Name it, and I had an issue with it the last 20k or so miles I owned it. The odometer cluster (speedo, odometer, and trip odometer all went), seals around the windows, the 4x4 system, water pump, alternator, windshield wipers, power windows, etc, etc. A $1000 to get the fuel pump replaced was the last straw. I am glad I got rid of it when I did. The guy who bought it from me ended up needing to have tranny rebuilt to the tune of $2500.

I just flipped over 100k on my truck and I have done nothing but regularily schedule maintenance, rear brake pads, and new tires. In the 20k I put on my RL, from 80k to 100k, I have only needed to pay for new tires and brakes. In the S-10, I put over $5,000 in that time in repairs. For me there is no comparison between the two.

Anyway, enjoy your new-to-you RL. I know I have enjoyed mine for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome and good luck with your RL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts