Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the new car today...06 RT...love it so far.

Got in to drive it at night for the first time and there are no lights on the radio. All the other dash lights work, I found the nob to adjust the brightness of the dash lights, but that has no effect on the radio lights.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Congrats on your RL and welcome to the ROC!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Got in to drive it at night for the first time and there are no lights on the radio. All the other dash lights work, I found the nob to adjust the brightness of the dash lights, but that has no effect on the radio lights.
If it's the OEM radio then you can do one of two things, replace it or repair it.

Here is the post on how to repair the cracked solder joints on the circuit board.

Radio lights failure. Radio and display still works.

You will see many other posts on this repair. CAVEAT, use a very light hand when attempting to repair the solder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...looks like I am heading to replacement...bummer.

looking forward to this newfound community.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Much better to replace it. A factory one is an option but an aftermarket can give you bluetooth and a backup camera.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you buy a factory replacement radio on e-bay, make sure you get the security code. Not necessary for the aftermarket, but you will be unhappy with the HU if you can't get it working.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts