Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it...traded in the Chevy Tahoe for a truck! The only reason I say "truck" is because my stupid State of Illinois sees this "SUT" as a truck, so I HAVE to buy truck plates...what a joke! I told the finance guy that I did not believe him and I wanted to see PROOF of this "law." He could provide none, but he would also not finish the paperwork until I said "okay." WHAT A JOKE! So I have one of those stupid yellow "applied-for" paper plates now.

I also had to dicker around quite a bit to get anything for my trade-in. If anyone cares, we paid $1,100 under invoice...IS THAT GOOD?!?!?!

I will take pics tomorrow, when the sun shines on that gleaming silver paint!
2006 RTL S/R, Silver.

Things to come...hitch, wiring harness, capper (whenever they hit the market)...I HATE tonneua covers!
Glad to join the GROWING crowd! I have only seen TWO RLs in Decatur so far, but now there are three; Silver (me), Blue/green (a Dr.), and Red (don't know, YET!)

Cheers,
George

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Welcome as an official owner! You are gonna love your ride.

Funny about your plates and the whole "is it a truck or not" issue. Some of us want to be recognized as truck owners. Some don't care what it's called.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
GJRUGBY, from what I have read on this forum, $1100.00 under invoice is very good. I paid MSRP in March thru a no haggler dealership. Just curious on how you made out on your trade in? Welcome to the ROC. In CT, the Ridge had to be registered as a commercial vehicle as well.

L

·
0 Posts
George...welcome to the Silver Ridgeline Club. :D
Sure glad you're official now. We are looking forward to many posts from you. Oh yeah...Welcome to the ROC family too....;)
Congrats and enjoy the ride!!
LadyRidge :p

·
Registered
529 Posts
Congrats and Welcome!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

I think that your price is excellent! Did the dealer show you the actual invoice? I only dealt with them under MSRP. I ordered mine, so it was difficult to see an invoice at the time of order.

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good for you! Great price! Welcome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome aboard, George! We need all the RL's we can get in Illinois - even if they are primer colored trucks. ;)

I'm sure you'll love it and never look back.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the good wishes and welcoming replies! We got the same kind of reception when we bought our Donzi Classic 18 on the Donziregistry.com site. Too bad we had to sell that after three years, but it was time to move on. I hope we can keep this TRUCK for many, MANY years to come...as long as the tranny holds up. I had to replace the tranny in my '02 Acura TL-S at 32K. So far, so good. Pics to follow....

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
319 Posts
Congradulations on your smart purchase :)
I had to get truck plates for my R/L also because its classified as a truck here too.and it is The Best truck on the planet :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
GJRUGBY said:
If anyone cares, we paid $1,100 under invoice...IS THAT GOOD?!?!?!

WOW! I care!!! That is definitely a good deal and close enough to my house to make it worth a drive there to buy an RL. I got one for my Dad today in town here for $250 over invoice, but $1100 UNDER invoice would be enough for me to take the plunge and buy one for myself.

Who did you deal with?

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new truck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much is my secret worth to you? :rolleyes:

Just kidding. I dealt with Grand Honda, in Elmhurst, Illinois (basically Chicago). But, before you go and jump right in, let me call them to see if I can get some sort of "kick-back" for telling you about them.

But watch out for the "scratched-up-one" they will try to sell you for the same price...It's a damn good thing I am very anal about looking a new vehicle over for dents, scratches, etc. This one had a huge GASH in the right-rear bumper, right where the bumper meets the fender, just at the taillight. NASTY STUFF! They said they would "give me $50.00 and a bottle of touch-up paint." WHAT?!?!? They charge $100.00 an hour in their shop, and there is no way they could fix that for $50, so I said to get me another one, and they did...one with LESS miles and less scratches, too!

So, who else has to get "truck plates" because of their retarded State law?

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
205 Posts
GJRUGBY said:
(snip)So, who else has to get "truck plates" because of their retarded State law?

Cheers,
George
We've got "truck" plates, but were told we could have either and there would be no cost difference.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here is my new RTL...
ENJOY!
Oh yeah, the stupid-a$$ Rinker in the background is NOT my boat, he stores it there all winter, just like that! What a joke! At least he moved his fence back about 10 feet so the house sort of hides it. UGH...neighbors!!!
George
P.S. Anybody have any leads on a cap? I REALLY want one! I think it would look very cool and I could really use the bed more often!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Beautiful, George!

Many of us are waiting for a cap. I think we'll need greater numbers before they start to appear. From other threads a few manufacturers have stated they are looking into it, others say they have no intention of making one for the RL.

I like the flag on the house. Do you have a lot of little "pumpkins" running around?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
NO! No "little" things running around, just me and my wife. SO FAR!

G

1 - 20 of 31 Posts