Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a broken 2006 RTL lumbar device. The Honda site shows the same picture for both the RTL and the RTS, but the price is 10 times more for the RTL. Does anybody who has an RTS with lumbar, tell me if yours looks the same as mine?

The price for the RTS is $70, $700 for the RTL!! All I need is the part pictured, there might be additional parts on the RTL. Honda can only guess and will not let me return it is it isn't the right part.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Just asking would it be any difference that RTL has power lumbar support & RTS has manual lumbar support.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just asking would it be any difference that RTL has power lumbar support & RTS has manual lumbar support.
I would think so, but Honda shows the same mechanism (the part in my picture) for both trucks. I'm thinking possibly one is actuated by hand the other a motor, but that is a WAG.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,399 Posts
Maybe I'd try to go on "YardQuest" and see if you can find a junkyard part for the RTS, It would be half or less of the NEW OEM RTS part and if it didn't work or couldn't be made to work, then see about buying a RTL Lumbar motor. By now there have to be some Ridgeline's in Junk Yards...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By now there have to be some Ridgeline's in Junk Yards...
You might be surprised, Honda Only, the big one here in the Bay Area, has no Ridgelines.

Adding to the information I have... Looking at the diagram, it seems like on the RTS you have a hand crank for the lumbar (but I have never seen one) and the RTL it's electric. Under group #25 it has a line dividing two mechanisms, I'm guessing power and manual, but it looks like they both go to the same lumbar "Thing" ...not sure what to call it, but the thing that is broken in my picture.

Again, if that "Thing" is the same, I would be all set. Outside of confirmation here on the forum, I might have to risk it and hate wasting $50 bucks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Sorry I didn't even notice that your here in CA...

There are several Honda/Acura Junk Yards in Rancho Cordova, and I've had them ship a few parts to me. Your near enough maybe it could be a road trip. I'd expand the search area to San Jose, Sacramento, in hopes that you can go and see it in person. I know of a few in Orange County and in the San Fernando Valley that I've driven to. I also wonder if the Pilot, or Odyssey may use the same part.

Yes the RTS is a Manual, but looking at the pictures you posted I wonder if the part that broke is necessary to only use the RTL one. I'm guessing the Motor is still good?

Hopefully someone who has recovered or repaired the foam in an RTS or RTL will see your thread and be able to help. I'm not quite ready to dissect my seat, it's not great, but it's not broke yet either...

Good Luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the cheaper replacement for the manual lumbar and found it to be the exact black plastic "rib cage" part as the electric unit... at one-tenth the cost! The only difference is, the cable goes to a crank and not a motor unit. The lumbar end ot the cable slides right out so you can put your existing cable on it.

If you find yourself doing this, the rib cage DOES disconnect from the seat back without removing the vertical supports that you see in the picture (the ones that only have the ends painted black by me feet)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,399 Posts
Nice Job on the follow up. I'm certain this will help some members in the future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts