Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The web browser shuts off for "safety" reasons while the truck is moving. Anyone know a way around that? I'd like to have my wife be able to browse the internet while I drive. That way she is too busy to comment on my driving. I've found the way to do it in the diagnostic menu..anyone know how to make that setting "persistent"???

· Administrator
24,843 Posts
The web browser shuts off for "safety" reasons while the truck is moving. Anyone know a way around that? I'd like to have my wife be able to browse the internet while I drive. That way she is too busy to comment on my driving. I've found the way to do it in the diagnostic menu..anyone know how to make that setting "persistent"???
Go buy sub-$200 Android tablet (you can even find a few below $100). It'll do a better, safer job with less hassle.

Assuming a smartphone or tablet is being used as a Wi-Fi hotspot for the truck's browser, why not just use the smartphone or tablet to browse the Internet? :)

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
That's the "Driver Distraction" setting in the menus you'll see after you press the 8-inch display's three Power, Menu and Brightness (bottom) buttons simultaneously then let go?

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
Yes that's the setting.
I followed the discussion about Driver Distract out on the internet away from ROC. And there was post after post after post of people asking how to make that setting permanent, with no answers. I have a feeling that Honda designed that feature as a diagnostic tool, not meant to be permanent. I believe it stays in effect within a session, does it not? In other words, until you turn the car off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.