Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pictoral summary of the installation of my new brush guard.

It took me about 5 hours. I took plenty of breaks and I was also going slow because it was my first time doing such a modification to any vehicle that I have ever owned.

Now for the pictures. First, the essential equipment.

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The finished product.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Outstanding, zero!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice job! Excellent install instructions! :cool:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Zero,

Nice presentation! Does this guard fold forward? It looks from your pics that it can be detached at the top and the lower portion may be hinged? This would make cleaning very easy. This is always one reason why I have stayed away from brush guards.

Also... who's the manufact. of your brush guard?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nioce. Next time yu add text to pics in MSPaint, keep the image in BMP format, that way the text dosent blur.

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brush guard does not fold forward. It is bolted onto the bottom bracket. The url for where I bought it from is http://www.ronusa.com/

Tacoma, I used Photoshop Elements and saved the photos as jpeg. Next time I will try a different format. The text looked good in the preview images after I saved them!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice job, Zero. How many inches does it add to the front? Also, can you see it from inside?

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can see the top bar from the inside. I have to go and measure how much it adds to the front. I will try to take a side shot in the next day or so and post it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Zero,

I'm planning to do this one too. I'm waiting for the nerf bars to also become available from the same supplier so that I can save on shipping. Nice to see it on the same color vehicle.

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are some pictures from the side showing how much the guard sticks out.

Also I took a picture from the inside to demonstrate how much of the guard is visible from the inside.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Excellent walk through. I'm contemplating this mod, but we already put the air deflector on and I don't know how stupid that would look or if it would even work together. If I'd seen this before I saw the air deflector, I would have probably just done this addition. I'm going to give it some more thought. Next improvement is the tonneau cover which should be arriving any day!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I saw another brand of truck with an air deflector and a brush guard and did not think it looked stupid. I might go for this mod after all. I really like the way it looks.

Zero, your photo with the tape measurer is hard to make out. Could you just measure the clearance from the front middle of the hood to the back of the brush guard for me? The air deflector stands out an inch or so.

Thanks for all you contribute!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks to Zero my ridge has a new look. Without your illustrated pics and instructional commentary it would taken me alot longer to put the brush guard on. The compliments are endless and the looks I get are awsome!
Thanks again for your help Zero!

Attachments

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks great, k2white. Glad that my pics and instructions could help. I have a question for you, though. My guard is just a hair less than 1/4" off level with the passenger side being the lower side. Any advice on what you did to level it out on your install? I have not fixed it yet because I am waiting to get my grill guards from Cloud Rider. I figure I will take off the brush guard at that time to install the grill guards and when I re-install, try to level it out.

·
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Truckin'

I will try to take more photos tomorrow and post them.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
k2white said:
Thanks to Zero my ridge has a new look.
I like Zero's lead too. DH is less impressed, as he thinks this hides the front end of the truck. I think the front is the least attractive angle of the Ridgeline and I like the way the brush guard breaks up the wall of color. We'll have to haggle over this one to see who prevails. So far, I've gotten almost every mod I wanted and he's been pleased as a 6 yo on Christmas day.

k2white, it sure looks like you have the air deflector too. Could you post a view of a different angle that shows the air deflector a bit more? I wasn't sure if these too accessories would work together.

Has anyone put this brush guard on a Steel Blue yet? Seeing how it looks on blue may be the factor that tips the scale so I can buy this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts