Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anybody Found A Nice After Market Brush Guard For The Ridgeline? Please Let Me No Thank You

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Check out this thread. It is the same brush guard thst the previous poster referred to with his link.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385&highlight=brush+guard

I have to be honest, I recently removed my brush guard. After doing some research, I found that a brush guard can 'counteract' some of the crash safety features of the truck, including the airbags. I felt that it would be somewhat hypocritical for an ER doc like myself to have a brush guard knowing it could increase the damage to another vehicle/person quite alot.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I'm not sure yet if I am going to sell it or not. If you are interested, PM me and we can talk.

And yes, it looked good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
zero said:
After doing some research, I found that a brush guard can 'counteract' some of the crash safety features of the truck, including the airbags. /QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on the info? It's my understanding that air bag deployment sensors operate on a combination of sudden deceleration and impact not physical displacement of the sensor

·
Registered
113 Posts
I want a charger bar. This one is from cabelas but is not yet available for our Ridgelines.
No offense to those who got it- But I dont like the Honda brush guard.

I guess it will come and I can just wait. It will make me happy in a few months

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lingered_I said:
Why All The Capitals? Brush Guard Is Here.
I was just in one of those moods

·
Registered
6 Posts
:) Let's see new Silver RTS, less then 500miles on it, went to a local restaurant next morning couldn't help but notice someone used my front bumper as a scratching post. Gonna have to get bumper painted as scratches won't buff out.
Would like not to have it happen again. Anybody out there with a Silver RTL that has put on aftermarket brush guards and maybe nerf bars. (picture please) Trying to decide if Black or Chrome should go on. Thanks everybody.

·
Premium Member
16,728 Posts
Rob said:
:) Let's see new Silver RTS, less then 500miles on it, went to a local restaurant next morning couldn't help but notice someone used my front bumper as a scratching post. Gonna have to get bumper painted as scratches won't buff out.
Would like not to have it happen again. Anybody out there with a Silver RTL that has put on aftermarket brush guards and maybe nerf bars. (picture please) Trying to decide if Black or Chrome should go on. Thanks everybody.

With Silver, I would go with Black, unless you have the chrome bumper trim.

I have the under-appreciated Redrock with the chrome trim and will get the chrome guard. Probably just the Bull Bar and not the full Brush Guard.

I can see both black and chrome looking good, just th eblack will stand out more.

·
Registered
133 Posts
"I have the under-appreciated Redrock..."

Only under-appreciated by those who are Taste Challenged. The only way the Redrock would look any better is if is was about 40 coats of lacquer oer ten coats of silver base, a la 1964-1964 GTO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts