Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've had the Honda Bug, window visors and moonroof deflectors installed. They are pricey but can be picked up online.

They do look great IMO.

I've also added black Aries Nerf and Bush Guard bars. I'll post some pics once I get a little warranty issue cleared up with the Aries product. The retailer is one to avoid.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I've been thinking about one of these. Last year I was driving near San Juan Bautista, just transitioning to Highway 101 when a truck kicked up a rock. It put a really ugly ding in my wife's '99 Accord EX Coupe's hood. I really don't want that to happen to my Ridgeline (I really didn't want it to happen to the Accord either). The rock would have likely damaged the bug shield but better that then the vehicle.

Do you think the Honda item is superior in any way to the aftermarket shields? I don't think I've ever seen one on any truck OEM or aftermarket that looked like it belonged there. Very utilitarian.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm not sure about superior. They are some pretty decent products out there. I was impressed with the fit and the the look of the OME visors. They seem a little larger as well. The "rivet" look is unique and they blend into the truck better......IMO :cool: :cool:

I don't think that you'll get a great deal of rock protection unless the stone actually hits the visor...they just don't produce that great of an air stream.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The Honda Hood Deflector not only looks good but is very functional.
Because of the wind currents, deflections, many bugs miss my windshield.
I still get a lot of bug gut on the roofrack.

Enclosed is a picture! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We went with the OEM air/bug deflector and we're very pleased with it. It was easy to install and it looks great. I posted pics of the installation process in the Installation, Mods thread.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
radop211 said:
Yes or No and how does it look?

It looks like this also! :cool:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I think they look great, with a little added protection to the front of the hood. I can't say it helps bugs anymore than without because this is the first vehicle I've owned that I put one on.

Installation is very easy and I recommend buying online (www.handa-accessories.com)

Good Luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bug deflectors are a must, it really sets the front of the truck off. I also installed a 4 piece billet grille, looks sick and to give it a little class installed a lazer cut black with chome honda H licence plate on front.

·
Registered
142 Posts
mentallyabused said:
Bug deflectors are a must, it really sets the front of the truck off. I also installed a 4 piece billet grille, looks sick and to give it a little class installed a lazer cut black with chome honda H licence plate on front.

that sounds way cool! please post some pix!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts