Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a couple of times that when I turned on my lights, my NAV didn't switch to "Night" mode and this morning, it was in "Day" mode but dim even though I didn't have the lights on. I assume these are software glitches from Alpine and have nothing to do with Honda. They always go away with a reboot of the system but the only way I know to do that is to turn off the truck and restart it. Is there a way to totally power off the system and reboot it while your driving?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Mine did that onces, head light on, but unit did not dim. I got it to go away by turning the light dimmer all the way up till it clicked and then back to where I had it set before.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'd start off with what Shingles stated, check the dimmer switch.

In addition, you might want to check your settings. I can't remember the key sequences but you can set the nav display to day/night/auto from the nav setup display.

Other then that, I haven't noticed any issues with the nav display that the dimmer switch usually doesn't fix.

I did have an issue once, where I didn't touch the 'Ok' nag button and let the screen turn off. Only to realize later in the drive that I wanted the display on for something, can't remember what. Well when the screen came back up, it was dim and took a few minutes to go full bright. Nothing major, I just attributed it to warming up.

I did have the whole nav system reboot on me once but it was a single occurrence and hasn't happened again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts