Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welllll... I tripped the trigger on a new RTL-E tonight.
If it was already on allocation and scheduled to be built next week (Let's call it November 1), how long should it take to get to the dealer in TX??

Once it gets here, the dealer plans to trade it (Gray) to another dealer (Red). I know that will add a few days.

The dealer expects it to be in around the end of November or early December. Is this about right??

I'm in Texas

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd say if your dealer can get you one he has coming in, I would take it as from what I hear, Texas is just about cutoff on AWD models. I would think with no E's in the DFW area as well as Texas and with not many due to arrive in the next several months, most dealers have their E all ready sold upon arrival. My dealer told me on the 20th that they had a serial number on my RL and it would most likely arrive sometime between Nov. 1st and the 15th, it was at the dealer on the 25th, I took delivery on the 26th. Mine is a RTL-T AWD, not the E, but just as hard to get in most cases in this area.

trainman

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm right at two months since I put my money down on an E and still don't have a build date. Fairly certain I'm getting the runaround at this point. Hope you have better luck. Was originally told two months would be the worst case scenario for taking delivery. Ugh. Dealerships.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, my dealer already has one on allocation for me that is on the schedule to be built this week. I'm just trying to fingure out how long it will take to get to the Texas dealer after the build date.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My dealer says my "E" was built last week. Put in deposit about 6 weeks ago. I visited 6 dealers, only two would take a deposit to pre-order what I wanted; the rest just said, "We'll call you when we know one is on it's way, if you're first one in line on the day it arrives, we'll sell it to you." This was the customer service from all the "big dealers" in Columbus, OH. I drove an hour away to a smaller dealer and they were a breeze to work with to order my truck. My opinion of the big dealers is pretty low right now. Sure, they can service the truck but not sell me one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer says my "E" was built last week. Put in deposit about 6 weeks ago. I visited 6 dealers, only two would take a deposit to pre-order what I wanted; the rest just said, "We'll call you when we know one is on it's way, if you're first one in line on the day it arrives, we'll sell it to you." This was the customer service from all the "big dealers" in Columbus, OH. I drove an hour away to a smaller dealer and they were a breeze to work with to order my truck. My opinion of the big dealers is pretty low right now. Sure, they can service the truck but not sell me one.
I live close to Dayton and I had to go towards Cincy to get a BE which I'll pick up today. A dealer in Dayton was charging outrageous financing rates. I put a deposit on 4 October and it came in yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealer says my "E" was finished last Thursday 10/27. The scheduled delivery date is between 11/11 and 11/16. I live in SW Missouri.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in MD. I started looking to buy a Ridgeline in June 2017, but couldn't find one. None of my local dealerships had one or the ones that did were asking outrageous prices as high $50K. I finally contacted a Detroit dealer who was willing to take a Buyer's order with a $200.00 deposit against their allocation or make a trade against a future allocation with another dealer. The salesman explained it could be a long wait. At one point the salesman called to see if I was interested in Obsidian Blue RTL-E with 2K miles on it. I declined, because I considered the mileage too high mileage and there was no offered discount. The Detroit dealership was pretty straight forward about the purchasing process - i.e the difficulty in getting one and how Honda allocation works. I give the salesman alot of credit, because he called every month with an update, basically no good news - their dealership was not getting any and there were no RTL-Es available anywhere (I'm guessing with other dealerships they work with) for trade. In late Sept on a whim, I called a GA dealership (where my family is lives) and asked if they had any RTL-Es on their lot - luckily the dealership had just gotten it's allocation sheet from Honda and they were scheduled to get three of them in late October/early November 2017. One of the promised RTL-Es was the color scarlet, which I really wanted. I got a build date of October 13 -17th. I was scheduled to pick-up the vehicle October 29th, but the dealer called me to say Honda had pushed back the build/delivery date to mid-November 2017. The salesman was really apologetic, he said the dealerships are at the mercy of Honda manufacturing and they don't always have an explanation for what's happening. He was pretty sure the car would be on the lot by mid-November, BUT I got a call today (Monday, Oct 31st) saying the car was delivered and on the lot. I got the VIN number and had my bank send the payment right away to make sure the car wasn't sold out from underneath me, I'm picking it up on Friday, November 4th. The salesman says it is really a beautifully made truck. He said it's the first RTL-E they have had on their lot. I'm happy about it, but the way Honda works is very frustrating. I had made up my mind if I didn't have a Ridgeline by December, I was going to give up and buy a Subaru Outback. So I would say from the other posts it looks like Honda is picking up its RTL-E production to meet demand - well maybe.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I live in MD. I started looking to buy a Ridgeline in June 2017, but couldn't find one. None of my local dealerships had one or the ones that did were asking outrageous prices as high $50K. I finally contacted a Detroit dealer who was willing to take a Buyer's order with a $200.00 deposit against their allocation or make a trade against a future allocation with another dealer. The salesman explained it could be a long wait. At one point the salesman called to see if I was interested in Obsidian Blue RTL-E with 2K miles on it. I declined, because I considered the mileage too high mileage and there was no offered discount. The Detroit dealership was pretty straight forward about the purchasing process - i.e the difficulty in getting one and how Honda allocation works. I give the salesman alot of credit, because he called every month with an update, basically no good news - their dealership was not getting any and there were no RTL-Es available anywhere (I'm guessing with other dealerships they work with) for trade. In late Sept on a whim, I called a GA dealership (where my family is lives) and asked if they had any RTL-Es on their lot - luckily the dealership had just gotten it's allocation sheet from Honda and they were scheduled to get three of them in late October/early November 2017. One of the promised RTL-Es was the color scarlet, which I really wanted. I got a build date of October 13 -17th. I was scheduled to pick-up the vehicle October 29th, but the dealer called me to say Honda had pushed back the build/delivery date to mid-November 2017. The salesman was really apologetic, he said the dealerships are at the mercy of Honda manufacturing and they don't always have an explanation for what's happening. He was pretty sure the car would be on the lot by mid-November, BUT I got a call today (Monday, Oct 31st) saying the car was delivered and on the lot. I got the VIN number and had my bank send the payment right away to make sure the car wasn't sold out from underneath me, I'm picking it up on Friday, November 4th. The salesman says it is really a beautifully made truck. He said it's the first RTL-E they have had on their lot. I'm happy about it, but the way Honda works is very frustrating. I had made up my mind if I didn't have a Ridgeline by December, I was going to give up and buy a Subaru Outback. So I would say from the other posts it looks like Honda is picking up its RTL-E production to meet demand - well maybe.
I glad you got your new RL, what prospective buyers don't understand is that if a dealer doesn't have one setup on the allocation list with Honda, it's a crap shoot from there as what is going to happen from that point on. You didn't get off on the right track as many don't, but soon you ventured out to see what was out there, and what did you find, exactly what you wanted, available, and shipping soon, good for you.

trainman

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my Scarlet Pearl RTL-E on Thursday, November 3rd. It's beautifully made. I had to fly one way and drive 600 miles back home, but it was really nice trip to get familiar with vehicle. Still a lot to learn about the all the gadgetry. It was pretty much 30 days from deposit to delivery, but keep in mind the dealer confirmed it had an allocation - i.e. expected delivery date when I placed the order. I had already placed a deposit with another out of state dealer in June, but to date they have not received an allocation for any RTL-Es. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow to cancel the buyer order and get my deposit refunded. For those you still searching and waiting - all the aggravation is worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts