Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I'm sure this is been covered at some point but I want recent information from products that I can actually buy it now. I'm scouring eBay looking at all the different bull bars that they sell. I have a black Ridgeline can anybody recommend A bull Bar that wasn't too difficult to install and did not require a lot of modification to the truck? I see stainless ones for $125 all the way up to five or $600 in the quality looks comparable. I don't need to be able to push a disabled vehicle out of the way or anything LOL.

I just want something on the truck that's going to look nice. I might even add an LED bar or fog lights or something to it later. I also live in a state where I must have a front license plate and I really don't want to buy one where I have to relocate the plate. Does anybody have anything or maybe some pictures of their set up and where they purchased it from so I can get a better idea of what to buy? The license plate thing is the most important thing to me please try and let me know ASAP as I'm ready to buy! I got to get this thing ordered while my wife is at work LOL she doesn't even know I bought the truck yet!! She sent me for a minivan..... I already made a list showing the pros and cons of a minivan and I think the Ridgeline won LOL :)

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
All will require minor modification to the under engine splash guard so as to be able to gain access to the bolt holes the bars attach to. Be warned... It's not uncommon for the existing bolts to snap and have to drill one or two out.

Westin in a popular one areond here. Buy one of the $150 dollar ones and don't be surprised when the mild steel rusts quickly.

As far as the license plate relocation, Westin makes a bracket that attaches to the bullbar to move the plate. Makes it pretty simple and doesn't look out of place. If the bracket is off the table, then essentially so is the bull bar as they will all (I believe) cover the existing plate location.

A Westin bull bar should be between $250 and $300.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man thank you for the response. I've been online looking for a real photographs of trucks with bull bars set up. I did a Google image search I've been having a very difficult time finding actual trucks with these installed not Photoshop trucks if you know what I mean. Does anybody here have any pictures of their trucks with the bull bar installed? I just want to see the relationship between the bar the bumper the license plate location etc. Sorry If I'm a pita. I don't mind putting the plastic shroud a little bit I just want to make sure it's going to look good and yes I am a little worried about the license plate I've seen some screwed up looking relocations. I really do think the bulbar makes the truck look" tough" ��. Thanks all

·
Registered
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I got to get this thing ordered while my wife is at work LOL she doesn't even know I bought the truck yet!! She sent me for a minivan..... I already made a list showing the pros and cons of a minivan and I think the Ridgeline won LOL :)
If she complains you can get on any other Truck forum & find threads about how the Ridgeline is just a minivan with a bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts