Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
2,316 Posts
A very common complaint with mounting lights on a bull bar is that while traveling the bar vibrates up/down - which causes the light pattern to bounce more profoundly. Still functional - but somewhat distracting.

Another thought, don't think of them as providing any protection; while deadly to bugs/gnats they won't do much in the event they collide with anything larger than a kitty cat.

Reactions: Border411

· Registered
9 Posts
Bumping this thread; have only found one style of brush guard, the black horse (in black or chrome, go figure it wouldn't be called chrome horse). I see a Black Horse model advertised on ebay and amazon, but I'm not confident it would fit (looks suspiciously like a pilot fitment). Also it does not appear to protect the corners, which is where the most parking jackassery takes place.

Maybe a vendor working on this issue, or someone has already done this in the forums can share their plans or experience?

· Registered
926 Posts
I don't think you will ever find a truly defensive bumper arrangement for the new Pilot or Ridgeline.

· Banned
2,024 Posts

· Registered
741 Posts

· Registered
322 Posts
This doesn't mean I'm interested in getting one.... but I am curious as to what it could/would look like.

>:)
Oh, I get it. I am curious as well but the picture I have in my head isn't good. Don't know about you but I have seen people put them on crossovers like the Highlander and, IMHO, it looks silly. Since the RL nose isn't that far removed from the Pilot, I don't have high expectations. Especially for the brush guard.

· Registered
9 Posts
I don't necessarily need something to protect from livestock, hit a deer or elk and there will be significant cosmetic damage, but preventing the vehicle from being disabled in the event would be helpful.

Really, what I am after is keeping the vehicle more pristine from the onslaught of idiots who don't know how to park. I don't know if it is the narrow streets, tight spaces, or the fact marijuana is legal here, but our other car has tons of evidence on the street-side corners rubbing. If I had a bull bar, all I'd need is a wire brush and some black krylon to fix the issue.

lol, has anyone tried to linex a bumper?

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Reactions: Mr. Black

· Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,925 Posts
I don't necessarily need something to protect from livestock, hit a deer or elk and there will be significant cosmetic damage, ...
I would venture to say that 98% of the grill guards you see on pickup trucks will do little if anything to protect when colliding with livestock, elk or deer. They just are not built strong enough. At best, they will help protect against some scratches if taking the truck off-road in brush country. That's why mfrs have started calling them brush guards. They are mostly cosmetic eye candy. Read the fine print.

The large heavy pipe guards you see on some OTR semi tractors is what you would need to protect against deer, and even those might not be totally immune to an elk or a stray cow, and especially a moose.

· Banned
2,024 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.