Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally got to go pick up my beautiful truck, complete with its many, many options today, and, well, now I have to take it back again.

As I was leaving the dealership, I noticed that the air bag light (the one right above the seat belt light, to the right of the "side bag" light) was on. So, I pulled around again and waited for someone from the service department to look at it. He connected a computer to it, decided that the general failure code that it had was an error that just hadn't been cleared when they were installing all the options (including rear-camera and metallic dash -- at least the latter could potentially have caused the air bag error). So he cleared the error code and the light went out, and I drove away.

About an hour later, after I'd been parked for a while and was going from point B to point C (point A being the dealership), the light was on again. So, now I have to take it in *again* and be without it *again* for a whole day! I'm so bummed!!

At least my sales guy agreed to come by my house and pick it up and return it the same day, so I don't have to make the trip to the dealership myself (which is in the opposite direction from work).

But still, I'm bummed! They had this car for 2 days -- they apparently didn't test it out much after installing all the options, since this happened to me pretty much right away! Has anyone else had this problem with the air bag light?

I'm going to go sit in my Ridgeline now and cry... :(

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Oh, Flymuck, I feel your pain! That's a bad turn of events. I know how excited you've been to have your tricked out Ridgeline back in your hands. I hope it is permanently resolved when they look at it this next time.

I'm assuming from your post that the warning is for one of the seat airbags. Is this correct? Is this on the driver's or the passenger's seat? Did you read in your manual that this warning can be caused by sitting off center? I think that has to do with the potential injury to the person in the seat if the airbag deployed. If it's for one of the drape or curtain airbags above the doors, I couldn't even speculate what is causing the false warning.

This has not happened to us nor do I remember a post about it, but you could do a search to see if someone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey, sorry to hear. Inconvenient but could be worse. Make sure all your installs are checked and ignore light for now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Thousands of us Ody owners got our airbag sensors recalled.

L

·
0 Posts
flymuck said:
So, I finally got to go pick up my beautiful truck, complete with its many, many options today, and, well, now I have to take it back again.

As I was leaving the dealership, I noticed that the air bag light (the one right above the seat belt light, to the right of the "side bag" light) was on. So, I pulled around again and waited for someone from the service department to look at it. He connected a computer to it, decided that the general failure code that it had was an error that just hadn't been cleared when they were installing all the options (including rear-camera and metallic dash -- at least the latter could potentially have caused the air bag error). So he cleared the error code and the light went out, and I drove away.

About an hour later, after I'd been parked for a while and was going from point B to point C (point A being the dealership), the light was on again. So, now I have to take it in *again* and be without it *again* for a whole day! I'm so bummed!!

At least my sales guy agreed to come by my house and pick it up and return it the same day, so I don't have to make the trip to the dealership myself (which is in the opposite direction from work).

But still, I'm bummed! They had this car for 2 days -- they apparently didn't test it out much after installing all the options, since this happened to me pretty much right away! Has anyone else had this problem with the air bag light?

I'm going to go sit in my Ridgeline now and cry... :(
A air bag indicator can also go off by setting an electrical device such as a cell phone, game boy, etc on the seat.
Just an FYI. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Did you have something in your passenger seat? On my CR-V (I don't know if it works the same in the RL) the air bag will turn off (with a warning light) if there is too much, but not enough, weight in the passenger seat. The idea being that there could be a small child sitting there and the airbag will turn off to protect them. I have to be careful because I am always tossing everything into that seat!

I hope this gets resolved soon!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies... I thought it might be the old "stuff in the seat" thing, but I tried that, it wasn't... and my cell phone was in my purse on the floor, where it always is, so that wasn't it either... no, honestly, I'm sure it was just that when they put things back together after mucking around in there, they didn't hook up something right, and now the light stays on.

As for which light it is... it's the "Supplemental restraint system (SRS) indicator" -- which indicates that something in general is wrong with the SRS. The air bag that self-de-activates when a small child or adult leaning forward is in the passenger seat is the side air bag, as represented by the "Side Airbag cutoff indicator" light... (that's a yellow light, meaning just a warning; mine is red, meaning ERROR!)

I'll keep you guys posted... hopefully it will all be resolved on Tuesday... of course, I feel like I'm borrowing the truck again (instead of owning it)... *sigh*

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hey Flymuck, I was with Arizona Ridgeliner when he picked up his RL. 30 minutes into driving home (2 hour drive) the passenger airbag sensor went on and stayed of for two weeks. Of course I was originally in the seat but with nothing in the seat it still stayed on. I believe it got taken care of at the dealership when he went to have accessories installed.

You can send him an email by looking him up. His screen name is
Arizona Ridgeliner! He don't post but does read and reply to emails.

Good luck with the fix and enjoy the truck once it's better!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts