Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Gen 2 has some form of coated bumpers - not simply matching paint. Anyone know if this is correct, that the bumpers may actually be somewhat scratch and chip resistant?

As for the bed, did they finally use a liner that's the same color all the way through?

I hated the painted bumpers on my 2007 Gen 1 - every bush, rock, brush, touch anything, and the bumper paint was scratched or chipped. And the black bed liner is loaded with grey/white scratches - the surface is a different color than the actual material. I've had several bed liners where the color was consistent from top to bottom, so scratches didn't show as bad.

Nothing like a truck you can't take off pavement without getting the bumpers banged up, and no easy fix other than repaint. And a bed liner that's actually grey/white with a black coating. Talk about a soft design - I use my 2006 off pavement, in fields, carrying loads - and it shows.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You can always put some clear bra protectant on the bumper. Hopefully BedRug will make an insert for the Gen2 RL. BedRug is by far the best!

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,602 Posts
From what we have heard, and seen, there should be a bit more protection on the bumpers due to the textured black finish and chrome strips. I am sure it will still scratch easily but it shouldn't show as much.

As to the bed...Joe says that the material is different than the GenI and is supposed to be a uniform color all the way through.

I work with my truck and don't mind the bed scratches in my GenI. A bed rug would drive me crazy every time I wanted to get into the trunk to access my daily use tools. . .It would be nice to have less scratches on bumpers however.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
The Bedrug made for the Gen1 was designed so the bed trunk worked just fine. You can click the link in my signature to see the one I had installed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like a rugged bumper, not paint or paint covered with film. Try driving miles on two track road with weeds, small shrubs sticking up - it'll chew both up. Chrome bumpers or textured material same color all way through both far better choices.

As for the bed, I've so many scratches, hardly any black showing - it's got patina. As per 'BedRug is by far the best!' doesn't help much if you carry loads of landscaping rock - I'm not talking about going to a box store and sliding in an appliance - I often max out the load carrying weight - and loaders dumping gravel aren't easy on inside bed surfaces.

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,602 Posts
I also can remember any number of posts with people wondering how to increase the spring tension of the trunk cover so that it stays up with the weight of a bed mat on top of it. Using a stick or something to prop it up would drive me nuts. As would cleaning out the crumbs from garbage etc. Dust, maybe you don't have propping up issue with your particular "Bed Rug"? Still, I couldn't care less how the inside of the bed looks on my truck. IMHO, its a truck, and that's how it should look . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts