Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm taking delivery of my '17 RTL tomorrow, so I figured I should sign up here & introduce myself.

I'm a gear head working in aerospace in the Seattle area. I had to pare down my vehicle fleet, so a '83 silverado & '04 subie STI are getting replaced with the RL. Hopefully it can serve as a bit of a middle ground for the two whips it's replacing...

I mostly drive my '91 miata that I'm in the middle of turbocharging when weather permits, so the RL will be my bad weather DD. This also means that I drive like a total jerk, so I'm hoping to push the limits of the RL's handling & see what it can do.

I've already been selected to do some beta testing/product evaluation for some RL aftermarket gear, so I'll be sharing details about that manufacturer permitting.

Anyway, I'm just looking forward to meeting folks & hopefully getting dialed in to the more technical/mechanical side of the community. This is my first Honda, and I'm looking to learn as much as I can about the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome fellow Seattlite!!! I'm enjoying the RL in the same color as yours!!! It even fits in the parking garage at work, when I'm not taking my '93 DD coupe due to this crazy icy weather as of late!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Welcome to the ROC!

I find the RL to be surprisingly sporty for a truck.

Just yesterday i was giving a co-worker who owns an Avalanche a lift in my G1 Ridgeline. We were headed downhill toward a traffic light where we were going to make a right turn. The light turned yellow and set myself up to make the turn. He grabbed the dash and the 'oh ****' handle and braced himself, I decellerated, made the turn and then gunned it coming out of the turn (the light was still yellow) once I reached the speed limit, I leveled off. He relaxed, realizing the turn was not nearly as dramatic as he was expecting and said, 'man this thing scoots'.

I understand the G2 is even more car like, so I think you and your friends will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
what is a hoon?

·
Registered
482 Posts
To hoon, is to drive in such a way that all responsible and boring people will sternly lecture you on your unwarranted exuberance
- Exhibition of acceleration
- Burnouts
- Donuts
- Drifting
- Speeding
- etc

A car that can hoon, is a car that makes a little cartoon devil perch on your shoulder and whisper bad ideas into your ear. The cartoon angel would normally counter that bad advice, but in a hooning situation he is usually bound and gagged and thrown under the seat

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Where do you work? if you don't mind me asking. ;)

Congrats on the new Ridgeline. You may or may not see ours running around depending where you are.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Welcome fellow RL & Miata driver! No turbo on my Miata but I did upgrade the suspension, exhaust, & wheels. Like yours, the Miata is my good weather car. But the RL & Miata make an awesome combo - it's a good start to my day no matter which one I take to work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Congrats and the RL will fit your bill with whats being replaced. I'm a Hot hatch fan and this thing surprisingly sure can Hoon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the welcome. Glad to see there are some other miata people here too.

Where do you work? if you don't mind me asking. ;)

Congrats on the new Ridgeline. You may or may not see ours running around depending where you are.

I'm actually outside of Snohomish. I support the '87 line.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am no where near you guys. ;)

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
To hoon, is to drive in such a way that all responsible and boring people will sternly lecture you on your unwarranted exuberance
- Exhibition of acceleration
- Burnouts
- Donuts
- Drifting
- Speeding
- etc

A car that can hoon, is a car that makes a little cartoon devil perch on your shoulder and whisper bad ideas into your ear. The cartoon angel would normally counter that bad advice, but in a hooning situation he is usually bound and gagged and thrown under the seat
Best description ever.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
See you in my travels around Puget Sound. I'm 90 per cent on the road in WA and mostly driving on the "west side". Couldn't survive with out my AWD Ridge and winter snows for the passes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome,

10 year subie guy here, been messing around with them for a bit.

great beater cars.

im looking for a good pickup for my daily work between sites.

thats why I joined.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts