Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like fun, until you do the math!

The Ridgeline bed is 60" X 54" X 20.7", approximately

If you filled this with 14" of water (about 5" from the top after people jump in ), that equates to 26.25 cu.ft, or 1635 lbs of water.

Add in the two "good ol' boys" and you now close to a ton.

I'm pretty sure you would be putting a hurting on the suspensions, and that's assuming you didn't flood the in-bed trunk (add another ~520 lbs.)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sure...spoil my fun. Static loads can be much higher. Note the high quality pool liner to keep the trunk dry. The good ol boys look to have about 10 inches showing of the sidewalls of the bed. I've got to try it. I will let you know how full it can get before the tires top out on the wheel wells. by the way, I can displace far more water than either of those good ol boys.

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
bliss53 said:
Sure...spoil my fun. Static loads can be much higher.

That does look like fun, and would be 100 times more fun if you could travel this way! (or at least park somewhere other than a driveway.)

I like the out-of-the-box thinking here! Must've been done over the last beers in the case!

·
Registered
112 Posts
bliss53 said:
Sure...spoil my fun. Static loads can be much higher. Note the high quality pool liner to keep the trunk dry. The good ol boys look to have about 10 inches showing of the sidewalls of the bed. I've got to try it. I will let you know how full it can get before the tires top out on the wheel wells. by the way, I can displace far more water than either of those good ol boys.
bliss53,
"static load" ?!?!!? Yeah, right! Like these boys aren't going to drive around like this. Note that they have beer - 'nuff said !?!

Just for the record, I would love to see this driving around!

Also, where's the diving board and slide?

·
Registered
491 Posts
that's not a Ridgeline!!...Tacoma?? My friend did that and tried to drive with a F-150. He duct taped the seams. He said he almost rolled it going around the first corner. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
That is a tremendous amount of weight sloshing around back there. How many of you have seen 18 wheelers or concrete trucks or tanker trucks rolled over on to it's side. The majority of those instances are from the load shifting, i.e. the water sloshing around. It may be fun around the neighborhood at extremely slow speeds and long stops and acclerations, but other than that, I wouldn't even begin to attempt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts