Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished installing my fender Flares obtained from PartsCheap.com.

After getting done I noticed a screwup. Keep in mind I am sure they will make good on this but I just wanted to point this put to those of you who might be considering installing your own Fender Flares.

My 2 Front Mud Flaps for my fender Flares are different. One is kind of filled in and the other is hollowed out. I will call parts Cheap tomorrow and I am sure they will resend a new part.

I double checked and made sure I did not confuse the new parts with the old ones and no dice there.

No biggie, They'll send the new mud flap and a simple removal/replacement job that will take all of 5 minutes.

Again. just pointing this out for those gearing up to take this task on to keep an eye on this before getting started

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
If those are the OEM fender flares with splashguards, they are correct. The left hand splash guard is formed that way to cover a frame piece that's not on the right side.

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK... enough of the tease! the pix show shiny wheels and low profile tire, Just enough to want to see more!!! WHERE'S THE PIX OF THE WHOLE TRUCK?!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jeff,

Yup, 34ACMY is correct, as is CheapParts. The driver's side has a steel reinforcement to the rocker panel, where the passenger side does not. Take the mudguards off again and you will see what I mean.

Cheers!
Jeffro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
34ACMY said:
If those are the OEM fender flares with splashguards, they are correct. The left hand splash guard is formed that way to cover a frame piece that's not on the right side.
jeffro said:
Jeff,

Yup, 34ACMY is correct, as is CheapParts. The driver's side has a steel reinforcement to the rocker panel, where the passenger side does not. Take the mudguards off again and you will see what I mean.

Cheers!
Jeffro
Thanks Guys, Saved me a phone call there. The bad thing is I thought I heard a tire rub yesterday, Guess Where... :eek: Wasn't bad though. I might get in there tomorrow and see if I might be able to get just a tad more out of the screws. No biggie, not severe at all.

jch said:
OK... enough of the tease! the pix show shiny wheels and low profile tire, Just enough to want to see more!!! WHERE'S THE PIX OF THE WHOLE TRUCK?!
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25329#post25329

More work to follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts