Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Buying a 2017 RTL-E, trading in the '12 RTS

6K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  spam16v 
#1 ·
Went and saw the Black Edition*yawn*, RTL-T and a RTL-E. The dealer is allotted another White on Black RTL-E that we worked out a deal on. Build started Wednesday and it should arrive mid/early July for delivery.

The '12 RTS has served me well for 61k trouble free miles. One set of tires (still almost new), rear brakes once, oil & filter changes/services were it. Put a spacer lift and went from 70 to 75 aspect ratio tires and still kept the factory mud flaps on. I wouldn't do it again given the chance. Not enough of a change for the loss of mileage.

Looking forward to Honda Sensing and Apple Play the most. Rear Weathertech mats should swap, and a pair of front Pilot mats should do the trick up front.

#3 ·
Went and saw the Black Edition*yawn*, RTL-T and a RTL-E. The dealer is allotted another White on Black RTL-E that we worked out a deal on. Build started Wednesday and it should arrive mid/early July for delivery.

The '12 RTS has served me well for 61k trouble free miles. One set of tires (still almost new), rear brakes once, oil & filter changes/services were it. Put a spacer lift and went from 70 to 75 aspect ratio tires and still kept the factory mud flaps on. I wouldn't do it again given the chance. Not enough of a change for the loss of mileage.

Looking forward to Honda Sensing and Apple Play the most. Rear Weathertech mats should swap, and a pair of front Pilot mats should do the trick up front.
:| Rear brakes? No front brakes?

#6 ·
(Shame on you Honda...I really want White on grey).
I agree, some of the exterior colors have only one interior color, others have two. What is with that?

I ordered a RTL-E MSM with black but it is also available in grey. My other favorite was blue but that only comes with grey. Odd. Wonder who was paid $200K a year to come up with that?:wink:

#8 ·
They started my build the 22nd says their online dealer site, and it went on the train monday and is expected the 8th of july and their contact is attempting to expedite the transfer from the rail yard to the dealer since it's sold so maybe mid next week for the delivery. One can only hope...

#9 ·
Do you have your VIN yet? Mine had been on order from another dealer, but the order was transferred to my dealer two days ago. The iN on-order detail report currently shows a current TPD of 6/26 to 6/30. I assume that means "tentative production date" or something similar. After it has been manufactured, the order status should show "assigned/in-transit" and I'll have the VIN. I'm expecting a VIN range near the 7000s. I have no idea how long it takes to get from Lincoln, AL to Tyler, TX. The dealer is allowing ~4 weeks.

#13 · (Edited)
Are you out East or in the West? Two weeks from production to delivery would seem West Coast, but I guess that depends on how fast or slow they are.

My dealer either does not know my build date or (more likely) does not want to bother looking it up. First they said delivery on the 30th, now all of a sudden it is the 12th-15th. VIN is around 5500 which says to me that it should already be built, but fairly recently. If that is the case, it should be here before the 12th, it seems to me. OTOH, if it was built about the time yours was and you are in the East, that would make sense. What is your appx. VIN? I am trying to figure out if what they are saying makes sense or is BS. If it was built a while ago, then I have to wonder what the holdup is. They do have another RL listed as well with a similar VIN that was also supposed to be the 30th (and was not) so it affects more than one RL. My best guess is that they just screwed up the original estimate, either accidentally or on purpose. Probably accidentally, Harlon's Razor says "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

The bottom line is knowing your (22nd) build date and appx. VIN, I could tell where they are at in production as well as figure a fairly accurate production rate so far and estimate when mine was built.

Thanks!

#20 · (Edited)
As of yesterday, the factory is up to the 6800 range. Those should start hitting dealers in the next week two.
Interestingly, they gave me an updated delivery that was changed from June 30 to July 12-15. Today I see that another RL that they have coming had it's date changed from June 30 to July 5 and it has a VIN only 23 from mine. I have emailed the dealer to see if mine is also expected. I wonder if they did not just pad the dates so as not to disappoint a second time.

Clearly the "previously quoted on forum" 200/day production was way off the mark. Late April to now gives a production rate of more like 80-100 per day....

#10 · (Edited)
I have been staying away from the forum due to hater attack but have been looking at some of the dedicated G2 review threads and delivery information and avoiding the negative threads. I have an MSM RTL-E on order. There is a VIN (close to 5500) so I assume that it has been produced, I would guess appx. early last week. It is supposed to be here (West Coast) July 12-15th. They originally said today but had incorrectly assumed that it would be coming in with a BE due today (which showed up yesterday). Dunno why they thought that as the BE had a VIN in the 2K range.

#11 ·
I have been staying away from the forum due to hater attack but have been looking at some of the dedicated G2 review threads and delivery information and avoiding the negative threads.
Well, for what it's worth, some of us appreciate a level head from a long time member and G1 owner. Of course I am just a fanboy/shill, so my opinion doesn't matter, but other people probably appreciate you too.

#14 ·
Went and saw the Black Edition*yawn*.
I had the same thought when I saw the BE as well. I don't like the look of the red inserts and the wheels. If I ever end up with Ridge, I'll be looking at the RTL-E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.