Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new here. What are your thoughts on buying an HR with over 200,000 miles on it? I hate spending money on cars, And I think sometimes it's worth the gamble, if the vehicle has been cared for. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,265 Posts
OK, what is an HR? Do you mean Honda Ridgeline?

Or is this some Canadian Version of the RL-Ridgeline. If so is it 200k miles or kilometers?

If you can be provided proof it's been cared for, and I'm not talking Oil change receipts. I mean, by 200k of either, a Timing belt, several transmission fluid changes, VTM-4 (rear diff), spark plugs. Then I'd say the minimum maintenance has been done. Then if it drives well, & you or a qualified individual inspects it, look at CV joints (RL has 8), Radiator Transmission fittings(search SMOD), & it passes an emission test then, GO FOR IT!

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Definitely get a pre-sale inspection and know what's ahead of you. IMHO, a well-cared for 200k is better than an abused 80k, and more likely than not has a high percentage of highway miles. But definitely bank on some cash over sale price to get you to a good place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My grandson gave me a 2006 with 285000k on it.
New tires $1000
Timing belt etc $700
rear brakes complete with 2 cv axles 1200
Front bumper cover and inner fender panels 500
New head lights 120
complete clean up, 24 hours (3 full days) no cost but makes a guy sleep well
New cup holder insert and rear air out let, rear inner fender panels 120
So Far cost about $3600, it is driven daily, sell it no!
Still will replace the leather upholstery and eventually have it painted.
Insurance says the value is over$10,000
After a lot of my own labor the price vs value is still in my favor
It runs and drives like new , uses no oil and now almost everything works.
Still some bugs bur they are small problems now

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just love those high mileage stories!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
I wouldn't. For the price of a high mileage RL you could buy a lower mileage vehicle that may be better suited for your needs. Seriously consider your needs in a vehicle before you buy a high mileage RL or any Honda, vehicle, etc. RL's go for a premium, but they are still vehicles with 200K if that's what you are looking at.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts