Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a process of buying Ridgeline RTS. I have looked at the Ridgeline buying check list and also saw a listing that you can buy a Ridgeline $1400 below invoice by a member. Just wondering if any one bought the Ridgeline from The Honda Superstore of Joliet which are offering this deal for the month of Nov.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Did you try a search for that dealer's name or for Joliet? You might turn up something.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ak786 said:
I am in a process of buying Ridgeline RTS. I have looked at the Ridgeline buying check list and also saw a listing that you can buy a Ridgeline $1400 below invoice by a member. Just wondering if any one bought the Ridgeline from The Honda Superstore of Joliet which are offering this deal for the month of Nov.
I asked for a quote from them and Kim responded within an hour with what I thought a really great price for an RTL. I believe it was 27,443 out the door. If you are too far from them you can also use it to negotiate a price from a closer dealer. I did, and ended up purchasing an RTL @ 26,600. I couldn't get the dealer to waive their standard prep fee of 499.00. So I was out the door @ 27,099.00.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:
<I did, and ended up purchasing an RTL @ 26,600. I couldn't get the dealer to waive their standard prep fee of 499.00. So I was out the door @ 27,099.00.>

Hi, I guess this was very good price, but I got RTL for $26,995.00 including destination charge at Los Angeles just last week.

Is that really a good price????

RTL w/Amazon Green Metallic
Roof Rack & Bed Extnder as option
Chovy

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
CHOVY said:
Quote:
Hi, I guess this was very good price, but I got RTL for $26,995.00 including destination charge at Los Angeles just last week.

Is that really a good price????

RTL w/Amazon Green Metallic
Roof Rack & Bed Extnder as option
Chovy
Thats a lot less than I paid 7 months ago! They were selling at sticker!
Welcome to the group and enjoy the ride! Let us know how thins are going with your RTL

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You paid less than I did when I bought my RTS back in March.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi ak786, We got our RTS out the door for $30,145.00 five months ago here on the west coast. Sounds like you’ve got a deal.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds to those of us out in rural USA like you're all doing OK. My RTL - Moonroof, Navi, Tow Package, Moonroof Visor, Hood Air Deflector and Splash Guards is $34,266 here in Montana. I guess that's the price we pay for having the great american wilderness out our back doors.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Any price that you feel comfortable driving the vehicle off the lot for is a good price in my opinion. As long as people are making good decisions about their personal finances and buying choices then it is all good. And besides you ended up with a Ridgeline, couldn't get much better.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I found GRAND HONDA on autotrader.com and the price I got was an "advertised" price for anybody. They had two, but they would give you anything off their lot for the same price. I would give them a ring, or if you want me to, I would be happy to get a price for you. I'd be interested what their price is now, with the "slump" in truck sales and all.

$1,100 under invoice, no haggling, just paid it and walked out the door.

George

·
Registered
189 Posts
I spent an hour in the parking lot of a LOWES in Florida showing off my Ridgeline to a guy that had just bought a Mazda pick-up. His wife wanted the Ridgeline, but he went cheap and got the Mazda. What a junker... Boy was she pissed!!!!!!
He's kicking himself now. His loss!!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's good to be the Ridgeline owner and not the person with the fuming spouse.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I went to Live Oak, FL last week. I was way out there in the country, in a part of FL where they still wave at each other when they pass on the road.
Spent most of my time showing off the RL. I didn't see a one in this area,as everyone is drivng a Big Ford, Dodge or Chevy.... Any how this trip I also noticed that folks stared instead of wavyin..... Really impressed with the trunk and room for the backseat passengers....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Don't be afraid to drive a while in order to get a better deal... After all, you will want to drive your truck as much as possible once you buy it! Remember, supply and demand is the key!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got my Truck. I received the following price from Joliet Chicago

Special Price valid through Nov. 30, 2005 Internet Ridgeline Owner's Club Price Quote:
2006 Honda Ridgeline RTS (Cloth): $26,172.00 including $550.00 destination fee.

Nov. 2005 ~Out of State~Total out the Door Figure:
$26,172.00 Vehicle price including destination
54.00 DOC Fee
10.00 Drive Away Sticker (Good for 7 days)
+ 7.50 Joliet Vehicle Tax
$26,243.50

I live in Minneapolis. To get the truck I have to drive 400 miles so I decided to take this price to local dealer and ask if they can match this price and they did. So I end up buying RTS and trade in my 1998 Honda Accord V6.

Thanks everyone who reply on my request and providing great info to get the best deal possible.

ak786

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
That strategy worked out very well for you. We want to hear from you again, so be sure to post about your adventures in your new ride.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
ltcdad said:
Sounds to those of us out in rural USA like you're all doing OK. My RTL - Moonroof, Navi, Tow Package, Moonroof Visor, Hood Air Deflector and Splash Guards is $34,266 here in Montana. I guess that's the price we pay for having the great american wilderness out our back doors.
It totally depends on how you personalize your Ridgeline, how much you are going to pay out the door! I pimped my own ride and after the credit union financed and everything, I was near mid $40,000 with my custom wheels and I will be adding the back up cam for sure and maybe the senors next year!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
schmdt said:
Iam looking at buying a RT but was wondering what advantages there would be with a RTS
I was also going to wait for the RT to come out when I bought my RTS on March 2. Couldn't wait...but glad I got the RTS.
- Never having to reach for the stereo is actually really nice! (Steering wheel controls on RTS)
- I like the interior material better, looks like better quality
- I like the wheels better (alloy vs. steel)
- The stereo is much nicer, more power and 6 disc changer is great.

Just these few upgrades really add to the everyday driving experience and well worth the extra cash, IMO, especially if you plan on keeping it awhile.

A lot of people like the RTL for the Nav and leather. And if you like that stuff, there's not really that much difference in price now.

If I waited I could've saved $4,000, but I wouldn't have had the enjoyment of it on our long vacation and over the last 8 months. I am happy I bought it when I did!

·
Registered
333 Posts
schmdt said:
Iam looking at buying a RT but was wondering what advantages there would be with a RTS
I bought the RT, but looked carefully at what I was missing out on. Besides the items RidgeOwner3 listed (alloys + audio), the RTS adds climate control, more security system, power seat, manual lumbar support, color matched mirrors and door handles.

At least, those were the significant items I was deciding about, along with RO3's list. I decided I could live without all of those for the savings, which is about $2000 difference in invoice price.

As I have pointed out several times in other posts, even the base RT model has all of the same safety and performance features as the higher models. There is one exception to that, the heated mirrors, which I consider a safety issue, but you have to go to the RTL to get them. Still hoping for a solution to that one.

Good luck, have fun deciding! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts