Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 2007 RL from a used dealer in Toronto Ontario, granted every used dealer is a little shady, but this guy is pretty decent, I've bought a truck from him previously and was not disappointed with that purchase. The only thing that is scaring me a little is that the truck's odometer and speedometer are in kilometres, but the truck was originally sold in the U.S. and then brought to Canada in 2010. It has 194,000 km on it, which is average for a 2007, but that may not be the true mileage.
Can anyone think of why a Canadian truck would be sold new in the United States?
Or do you think the dealer is trying to pull the wool over my eyes and had the instrument cluster replaced and a random kilometre reading put on the odometer?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,592 Posts
Who can say? Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd question the dealer about the cluster replacement. If you trust the story, fine. If you don't, I'd keep looking. You have prior experience with the dealer and that would count for something in my book too.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Can anyone think of why a Canadian truck would be sold new in the United States?

Or do you think the dealer is trying to pull the wool over my eyes and had the instrument cluster replaced and a random kilometre reading put on the odometer?
I could very easily be wrong, but I always thought miles/kilometers was a setup option ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice guys!
I did end up buying the ridgeline, the odometer was in km's and the instrument cluster hadn't been replaced, no answer as to why it had been originally sold in the states.
But I'm in love, the truck is beautiful, proud ridgeline owner.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
Great to hear! Just be sure to do your homework on the maintenance history of the truck. Being in Canada, you will be under the "severe service" schedule. Fluid changes must be done much more frequently as well as the timing belt service. Other than engine oil and filter, the tranny fluid, rear diff VTM-4 fluid and front transfer case gear lube should have been drained and filled multiple times by now. The brake fluid needs changed every three years regardless of mileage and you really should change the power steering fluid and coolant as well. The last item of interest would be the transmission fluid transfer unit fittings on the bottom of the radiator. It is widely known that the spacer washers rust, expand and can cause the fitting to pull away from the radiator. This causes coolant to mix with tranny fluid and can cause a LOT of damage if not caught soon enough. The remedy has been to just simply replace the radiator with an aftermarket unit. Cheap insurance for your truck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts