Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Memorial Day weekend, I was unfortunately involved in an accident in my Gen 1 2010 RL for the 2nd time in 3 years that involved a driver making a horrible left turn at a light where the light was completely green, then claiming they couldn't see me... After re-building the entire front end the first time, the insurance company totaled it this time. Anyway, I was of course without a car once the settlement was reached a week later, and being that I work and have a newborn and a 2 yr old at home with my wife, only having one vehicle is an untenable situation.

Anyway, got in touch with all of the local Honda dealers because I definitely wanted a new RL as fits my family's needs perfectly, found out when they would be delivered, and asked if they would allow me the use of a lender vehicle for free if I gave a deposit. Only one of the dealers did so, and I have been driving a 2016 accord for free for the last 3 weeks after putting a $500 deposit on an OB RTL-E. In the meantime, I decided I really was not into that color, and also that the RTL-T was a better fit for me. Further, I want a Forest Mist, and they happen to have one that is being built this week, with a delivery date in late July. They allowed me to transfer the deposit to that vehicle, as well as the continued use of the Accord until the RL comes in...

So the deal they offered was MSRP, plus they cut down the price of the Tonneau cover by 10% and didn't stick me with a Pro pack of nonsense... lastly I tentatively got the 8 yr/100000 mile extended warranty for $1700. I signed a buyers orderwithout the warranty to this point because we still have to finalize that when the truck comes in and they didn't put that on the original buyers order... While I know that the lender car doesn't really cost the dealer much, I feel that in being fair since other dealers wanted to charge me, it's only fair to count that as at least some money saved... Even if they charged $15 a day, the total would be between $750-$1000 once the truck arrives.

So my question is do I have a shot at getting any money off of the warranty, and should I be going after that in spite of the fact that the dealer helped me out with the lender car for free... I don't have the luxury of waiting for a better deal 3 months down the line, but would like to save wherever possible...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
On Memorial Day weekend, I was unfortunately involved in an accident in my Gen 1 2010 RL for the 2nd time in 3 years that involved a driver making a horrible left turn at a light where the light was completely green, then claiming they couldn't see me... After re-building the entire front end the first time, the insurance company totaled it this time. Anyway, I was of course without a car once the settlement was reached a week later, and being that I work and have a newborn and a 2 yr old at home with my wife, only having one vehicle is an untenable situation.

Anyway, got in touch with all of the local Honda dealers because I definitely wanted a new RL as fits my family's needs perfectly, found out when they would be delivered, and asked if they would allow me the use of a lender vehicle for free if I gave a deposit. Only one of the dealers did so, and I have been driving a 2016 accord for free for the last 3 weeks after putting a $500 deposit on an OB RTL-E. In the meantime, I decided I really was not into that color, and also that the RTL-T was a better fit for me. Further, I want a Forest Mist, and they happen to have one that is being built this week, with a delivery date in late July. They allowed me to transfer the deposit to that vehicle, as well as the continued use of the Accord until the RL comes in...

So the deal they offered was MSRP, plus they cut down the price of the Tonneau cover by 10% and didn't stick me with a Pro pack of nonsense... lastly I tentatively got the 8 yr/100000 mile extended warranty for $1700. I signed a buyers orderwithout the warranty to this point because we still have to finalize that when the truck comes in and they didn't put that on the original buyers order... While I know that the lender car doesn't really cost the dealer much, I feel that in being fair since other dealers wanted to charge me, it's only fair to count that as at least some money saved... Even if they charged $15 a day, the total would be between $750-$1000 once the truck arrives.

So my question is do I have a shot at getting any money off of the warranty, and should I be going after that in spite of the fact that the dealer helped me out with the lender car for free... I don't have the luxury of waiting for a better deal 3 months down the line, but would like to save wherever possible...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can get them down on the warranty. I dealt mine down to $800 for the 6 year 80K from $1500. They wouldn't deal on the MSRP (too new, they said); however, also gave me 50% and more off all the accessories I bought, too, along with throwing other stuff in.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
359 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Im waiting till the dust settles with all thats going on in the world now. Cant trust anything now and one could loose a lot. Roll the dice..... Save your money and hide your ............:grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts