Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at available ridgelines. My question is whether I should be concerned about a ridgeline that had been on a lot for many months. Assuming that there is not a mechanical reason for it failure to sell (I will have a mechanic check it over before buying), what things do I need to be concerned about based solely on its lack of use for months? These are 2010 or 2011 models with 10-30k miles but have been on lots for 6-15 months...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Mine was new, but had been on the lot for five months. No problems at all. I would not worry.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
If at a Honda dealership, those late model low mileage RLs should be certified vehicles with warranty.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
If it not sitting in a puddle of it's own fluids and the service history checks out, I would not have any worries...buy it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You shouldn't worry, many people just don't want to buy a truck because of the gas prices. If its certified then its fine, even if its not, just have it checked to avoid any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I agree with everyone else. If it's a Honda dealer, you should be covered with the balance of the factory warranty and shouldn't have any issues. They will stand behind their vehicle. good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking at the same ... 2011 or 2012 RTL. Best price looks to be about 45K miles. Not sure about the nav system. The dealers want extra for it but I'm not sure they are worth it. I drive vehicles for a long time and I'm afraid the system will be usless in a few years.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
The Navi won't become useless unless you frequent areas that are under rapid development. That said, I would treat it like any other luxury option: expensive when new, but not worth a lot when used.

The most value that I see in used vehicles that are loaded with options is this: the vehicle was bought by someone who wasn't afraid to spend for a better experience and probably did all the maintenance to keep it working well. It's best if there are service records available to objectively reinforce this impression.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,057 Posts
The only two things I would be concerned with are surface rust buildup on the brake rotors and the age of the gas in the tank. The rust will pretty much disappear after the first few applications of the pedal, but it may sound and feel rough at first. With today's ethanol laden fuels, the additives break down much faster and gas can get "stale". Luckily, most dealerships keep a very minimum amount of gas in vehicles on the lot so your first full fill up should take care of any fuel issues. Lastly, the only other thing I can think of is condensation in the oil and brake fluid. A long test drive will take care of the oil but you may want to think about doing a full brake fluid flush. If it's a 2010 or 11 model, you'll be due for a brake fluid service anyways. Try working this into the deal and get it done before you take delivery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
75 Posts
I buy cars pretty often, and go back and forth between what I want. In my many hours of browsing Cars.com, I see that anything with under 25MPG seems to sit a long time. Just a sign of the economy. I decided I don't give a hoot about MPG anymore, so I bought my Ridgeline. If anything, sitting on a lot for a while probably gives you more leverage when buying.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ultimately bought a 2012 new. brought it home yesterday.
see perpetual price thread for pics. thanks for input

·
Registered
437 Posts
Good for you --Enjoy!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts