Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
14,046 Posts
Find this somewhat unnecessary plastic flap in the engine bay. It is held on by two round push clips. Sound should go away.
Honda calls this part a "fuse box deflector". It serves some purpose, otherwise they wouldn't have put it there. It could be to block/direct heat/air or shield components from splashing water.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I might as well chime in, I akin this new 'sound' to sand hitting the window, on the drivers side?
I don't really recall it happenning, just noticed in the last few months.
Intermittent for sure, sometimes worse? I think it was bad when there was a big cross wind one day and yes, generally going over 60 mph, slow down and I think it fades....Huh!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed a buzzing noise in the drivers side while driving. It happens more often in warmer weather. This noise can happen at any speed between 25 to 70 mph , flat uphill or down. I have had it to the dealers twice and even called Honda, there is a service advisery for torque converter chatter, but the dealer says no code no problem. The noise sounds like an old game show buzz for wrong answer., it does not affect the speed or drive...it did it since new, I only have 6500 miles on it and have it 8 months. Any suggestions Honda, there is a service advisery for torque converter chatter, but the dealer says no code no problem. The noise sounds like an old game show buzz for wrong answer., it does not affect the speed or drive...it did it since new, I only have 6500 miles on it and have it 8 months. Any suggestions
I have a 2017 Ridgeline, and I'm having the same problem. Took to the dealer 3 times in the last 2 months, but they tell me they can't find anything wrong!!! Very annoying buzzing sound! A real shame for such a nice vehicle! Was considering trading it in, but having second thoughts after reading these posts...

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I have a 2017 Ridgeline, and I'm having the same problem. Took to the dealer 3 times in the last 2 months, but they tell me they can't find anything wrong!!! Very annoying buzzing sound! A real shame for such a nice vehicle! Was considering trading it in, but having second thoughts after reading these posts...
Like most posts with any issues "Dealer cant find it". Took my"19" in for going in reverse and slightly hit the brakes, then the brake click. "We didnt here anything" BS its their every time every day here it with windows up since new and so noticeable left side. I will just document it and watch recalls wait for a brake change in another 4 years and drive on just like my G1. Not worried about it. Back to the other issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can’t find the related post but I believe another forum user sourced the buzzing he was experiencing from a small metal box under drivers side dash, on right side of steering column.

I had a similar buzz and this was the source for mine as well. Here is a pic:
0975E4DD-9FF4-441C-A4C2-8BF177ECB2E1.jpeg

·
Registered
38 Posts
Were you able to resolve the buzzing from this box? I have a really annoying metallic vibration from the drivers side when going over bumpy roads or hitting the rumble strip. It’s like something is loose. I’ll also look at that fuse box deflector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Were you able to resolve the buzzing from this box? I have a really annoying metallic vibration from the drivers side when going over bumpy roads or hitting the rumble strip. It’s like something is loose. I’ll also look at that fuse box deflector.
This is exactly the noise I had; a metallic buzzing while on rough roads at highway speeds. Put some tape on the edge of that box and gone. Now if I could only solve the vibration through the firewall 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can’t find the related post but I believe another forum user sourced the buzzing he was experiencing from a small metal box under drivers side dash, on right side of steering column.

I had a similar buzz and this was the source for mine as well. Here is a pic: View attachment 397784 View attachment 397784
I just went outside and plucked at that box and it made the exact rattle that I hear when driving over bumps! Looks like a couple zip ties and a price of foam should fix it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@jfaldridge @Towny9 I put some duct tape around the box in the pic above (attached to the motor on the steering shaft under the dash), and that metallic rattling is gone! I had a nice long trip home today with no rattling for the first time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@jfaldridge @Towny9 I put some duct tape around the box in the pic above (attached to the motor on the steering shaft under the dash), and that metallic rattling is gone! I had a nice long trip home today with no rattling for the first time.
thanks for the heads up. Now that it is cold I don’t hear it as often. When this thread popped back up in my feed it prompted me to locate the box under the dash - it’s not the easiest to get to...

·
Administrator
14,046 Posts
Just FYI - that motor on the steering column under the dash is the Electric Power Steering motor. :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts