Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I would give up my '03 Ford F150 Lightning. I have owned six Ford trucks and SUV's since 1990 and I have loved every one of them. The Lightning was the ultimate testosterone rush with 380 HP. When I saw the Ridgeline commercial during the Super Bowl I was intrigued and beginning researching the vehicle on the Internet. My girlfriend and I test drove one last week and we fell in love with it. I drove down to Atlanta last Saturday and bought a white RTL-NAVI. They gave me Kelly Blue Book trade in value for my Lightning and sold me the Ridgeline for MSRP plus a dealer installed roof rack, sunroof air deflector and splash guards as well as the BS protection package that they did not charge me for. I know its still early but it is the greatest truck/SUT I have ever owned. The ride is incredible. I cannot get a good feel for the performance because of the vehicle I am coming out of but it seems fine so far. The safety and technology features blow me away.

I have a 2500 pound Yamaha LS2000 jetboat that I will be towing and I was a little shocked that the dealer wants about $600 for a hitch. I am anxious to see how it tows it. But other that that I couldnt't be happier.

This is the first Japanese vehicle I have every bought for myself. I bought my daughter a 2002 Altima when she got her MBA and I bought my son an Acura RSX type S (both very impressive vehicles to me).

I use my truck to haul computer equipment around so I am not a traditional truck user but I believe a lot of people will be buying one of these.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Irony.
Your F150 Lightning was NOT built in the USA.
Your Ridgeline IS also built in Canada like the Lightning. Not Japan.

Hum, looked up some stats on the Lightning.

800 pounds payload capacity MAX
2300 pounds towing capacity MAX

You're going to love the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already love the Ridgeline... but the numbers you have on the Ford are wrong. Earlier models had a lower payload but the 2003 is 1300 pounds. As far as towing goes... running up and down the mountains of Southeast Tennessee at 80 with a boat in the back is a challenge for any vehicle and I can assure you that the Lightning vastly outperformed my 1990 full size Bronco with a 351, my 2001 Explorer SportTrac and my 2002 Expedition. There is no replacement for 380 HP and over 450 ft lbs of torque.

I have no regrets however,because the Ridgeline is a technological marvel and I could not be happier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts