Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you that are new Ridgeline owners, or soon to be owners like yours truly, owe yourself a read of the Ridgeline review in the Car and Driver mag. October 2016 issue. I just got it today in the mail. Not sure if it is available on line or not. Anyway, if you at anytime question your buying decision, you will not after reading this article. If you are on the fence about buying one, I suspect this will help you make a decision.

· Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot copy or scan it because of the copyright laws of course. But it can be had fairly cheaply on line for the digital copy. Or, maybe go to a library. The mag cover has a red NSX featured.
I will see what can be done.

· Administrator
24,908 Posts
If you have an Apple iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad), you can download the Car and Driver app then subscribe monthly for $1.99, download the October 2016 issue, then cancel. I would imagine you can do the same thing on other platforms.

Summary:

+ Drives better than any other pickup - including heavy-duty, full-size, and mid-size
+ Quieter at idle and on the freeway then a Mercedes S-class according to instrumented tests
+ 6-speed transmission "shames" the Pilot's 9-speed
+ Terrific interior

- Brakes perform okay, but don't feel all that great
- "Wimpy" tow ratings
- Looks too conventional (while stating earlier in the article that the first generation looked weird)
- Infotainment system needs real buttons

Overall, it was mostly-positive restating of what we already know: A plead for most truck buyers to seriously consider this vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.